Man/Marine Room Ideas
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man/Marine Room Ideas

I need some help from all my Marine Brothers and Sisters. My wife and I are getting a new home (our first home for that matter!!!), and I wanted to make a Man room with a Marine Corps theme. I was thinking of painting the four walls different colors like, a cammie wall, a red wall with an Eagle, Globe and Anchor, a Blue wall with a Blood Stripe down the center. Plenty of Marine posters (I really like old recruiting posters, like WW I and WW II circa). Of course plenty of pictures from my days and promotion warrants. Just wanted to hear some ideas from you guys and also wanted to see what you guys thought about my ideas. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all!!! First Round on Me!!

It's been my observation that after a few years wall color doesn't matter much in rooms like that. It's hard to recognize a background pattern through the memorabilia.

Today i began cleaning and sorting through my old uncles house who started collecting as a kid in the 30's. He's wasn't quite a nasty pack rat but an antiques road show crew could do an episode assessing the estate. Political, sports and entertainment... figurines, pottery, plates, photos, posters, magazines. Tube radios, furniture, knights armor, military stuff... gettin hard to see the walls eh?

If the stuff is cool __like the 40 or so Nazi items i've found so far some of them vintage including two Wehrmacht steel pots___nobody notices the wall color except a female, and she ain't allowed access anyway without the secret password

--->Dave

SgtArty I really like the idea of the old school recruiting posters...I have a few from the World War I era framed in my bedroom at my parents' house and I love the look of them.

Thats what I did in my basement. I have 4 Marine posters I bought on Sgt. Grit . com. One that says, " Tell that to the Marines", One of a Sgt. in his blues at parade rest, one of a ww1 Marine that says want action?, and a one of the flag raising at Iwo Jima.All framed and evenly spaced out. Looks really good. Then over one wall I have the NCO sword mounted. Different pictures, awards, photos, stickers, I like it. Enjoy your decorating Marine.

Antlers banjos rifles and guns.....

Antlers, animal heads, Grandpa's banjo and guns and stuff; that is what I will hang on the wall when I get my own room, Piano, pooltable, chess boards, wood burning stove.. yeah .. thanks for short the fantasy......

Last edited by sdk87to91; 12-23-08 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typos

I suggest that you don't paint each wall a different color. It would be a little to busy and take away from all of the other stuff that you are going to put in there. Why not mount a chair rail and paint the bottom part OD green and the top a lighter moss green color. Still very Marine Corps with out going crazy. Then let all of your posters and memorabilia do all the rest of the decorating.

errr Nelly do you have access to the Man room secret password entry code??? i thinkin not

--->Dave

Welcome back Cpl Nelly

Quote Originally Posted by SgtArty View Post
    I need some help from all my Marine Brothers and Sisters. My wife and I are getting a new home (our first home for that matter!!!), and I wanted to make a Man room with a Marine Corps theme. I was thinking of painting the four walls different colors like, a cammie wall, a red wall with an Eagle, Globe and Anchor, a Blue wall with a Blood Stripe down the center. Plenty of Marine posters (I really like old recruiting posters, like WW I and WW II circa). Of course plenty of pictures from my days and promotion warrants. Just wanted to hear some ideas from you guys and also wanted to see what you guys thought about my ideas. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all!!! First Round on Me!!
    Sgt Grit has some nice wood EGA in left and right facing alot of good things in the catalog to please any Marine, OOHRAH.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    errr Nelly do you have access to the Man room secret password entry code??? i thinkin not

--->Dave

Don't see that that really matters. I am still entitled to my opinion and I gave my opinion. Don't like it? Oh well...........

Olive Drab/Marine Green would be nice.

I have my basement all decorated with the Marine Corps theme with a coat of arms that also holds my NCO sword and a some decorations and medals plaque and all my promotion warrants. I even have bar with some cool stools and a pool table with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor on it with a stained glass light that has USMC in it.

Its my Marine room and it cost me alot of time, effort and money to put together and it serves as a bar and a when I have some buddies over to play some poker or shoot some pool. Its all fine and dandy until my daughters want to come down and watch a cheetah girls movie and decide to humiliate the dog by putting a pink bow and some makeup and nail polish on him.......

My bedroom back home would put the new Marine Corps Museum in Quantico to shame. I'll try and get some pics...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A friend decorated his "I love me" basement with the walls stacked halfway to the ceiling with sandbags filled with crushed packing peanuts and glued together. He draped an OD colored parachute from the ceiling. Very much a bunker effect.

Above the sandbags he hung his certificates, awards, photos, gun racks, etc.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I have MY Marine Room - Honorable Discharge & the letter that came with it matted in a big 20X24 frame, posters, statues, lamp, throws, my Dad's flag box with a picture of him in his Blues in it, pictures, my Uncle Wallace's medals, a fuzzy bear in a set of Blues, a scrapbook that sits on my coffee table, 3 Covers adorn 3 picture frames. I make it all look girly by adding flowers and pillows and other girlie stuff. The rest of the house is totally different but, my living room IS my brag room.

OH! Good to see you're back Nelly - woohoo!

Thread Information