Raleigh here we come!
Create Post

Raleigh here we come!

One week from today Mom & I will be in Raleigh, NC to welcome home our son from Okinawa. I will not say that those two years went by quickly.

I haven't seen him for over a year. Might need a Corpsman for any broken ribs my hug gives him.

Apparently after he reports in to his new PDS, his Gunny said he can come home. Ooh Rah! I have a bottle with that Gunny's name on it!

Okaerinasai お帰りなさい Alex.

God Bless!

Sweet.....I'm the Cpl's new GySgt (seriously)....no need for the bottle Sir, I'll be a happy Gunny to have some assistance out here....

Gunz out ~

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations on your son's return. I truly hope you enjoy your time together!! That is truly awesome news......

Awsome Gunny! You're getting a good man.

God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by AAHMarineDad View Post
    One week from today Mom & I will be in Raleigh, NC to welcome home our son from Okinawa. I will not say that those two years went by quickly.

I haven't seen him for over a year. Might need a Corpsman for any broken ribs my hug gives him.

Apparently after he reports in to his new PDS, his Gunny said he can come home. Ooh Rah! I have a bottle with that Gunny's name on it!

Okaerinasai お帰りなさい Alex.

God Bless!
    I thought Okinawa was a 13 month tour, the best time in the Corps was there and I'll bet he won't tell you everything,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    I thought Okinawa was a 13 month tour, the best time in the Corps was there and I'll bet he won't tell you everything,lol.
    No Sir, 2 years. I guess the Corps must have changed it somewhere along the line.

I know Mom says She'd rather not know EVERYTHING!

God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by AAHMarineDad View Post
    No Sir, 2 years. I guess the Corps must have changed it somewhere along the line.

I know Mom says She'd rather not know EVERYTHING!

God Bless!
    Well the less you know the better, I know when I was there it was one crazy place,lol. Semper FI.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Just remember, this is not the same lad that went away.

(... and I think it is awesome, this site, that has the people it does. The Gunny and the Corporal. Jeez, how small a World.)

Oh yeah, the bottle. Bring it along anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post

(... and I think it is awesome, this site, that has the people it does. The Gunny and the Corporal. Jeez, how small a World.)

An even better man I suspect.

When he graduated from the "Island" Mom and I gave all of his DI's a bottle. I thanked them and told them as hard as you were on my son, that training may someday save his life or enable him to save the life of a brother Marine.

Really is a small world, eh?

God Bless!

I am the Corporal who my parents are referring to. I figured if my parents and my SNCOIC are signed up here, why not me too?
    Okinawa sure has been an interesting place, but as far as everyone saying I won't tell them most of the stuff I did, there's really nothing I have to tell them like that. Kept my nose clean (surprisingly).
    Don't think I'll miss the place, but I will miss my fellow Marines. Got a real good shop. I believe Raleigh will be a nice change though. Look forward to seeing you, Mom and Dad. Look forward to working with you, Gunny. And congratulations on MSgt Select. OORAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander3081 View Post
    I am the Corporal who my parents are referring to. I figured if my parents and my SNCOIC are signed up here, why not me too?
    Okinawa sure has been an interesting place, but as far as everyone saying I won't tell them most of the stuff I did, there's really nothing I have to tell them like that. Kept my nose clean (surprisingly).
    Don't think I'll miss the place, but I will miss my fellow Marines. Got a real good shop. I believe Raleigh will be a nice change though. Look forward to seeing you, Mom and Dad. Look forward to working with you, Gunny. And congratulations on MSgt Select. OORAH!
    Thanks Cpl Hall. I heard through the grapevine that your Dad has a couple of hockey sweaters....you a hockey fan? If so, I'm sure we'll get along just fine.

Gunz out ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post

Haven't met anyone on this site that I would be more than happy to sit down, share a bottle, and shoot the *hit with!!!

Thread Information