Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    this movie was freaking epic but the ending ****ed me off....that was until i pieced together the imagery of the ending and realized the symbolism it had in links with the bible

also it really conveyed how you should respect that mean old man in your neighborhood or i should say not be so quick to judge because he might have a lot more to him than you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    that was until i pieced together the imagery of the ending and realized the symbolism it had in links with the bible
    You know, I thought that part was kinda cheesy. I would think a lot of bible thumpers would be out and about ****ED at what it appears he's trying to do with that scene.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Kent-
    Many moons ago I can across a copied M1 manual of sorts with schematic drawings of parts, etc. (I guess someone was sh*t canning it for whatever reason.) If I can find it, do you want it?
    Gary

I want to see this movie so bad!

For you Springfield lovers, I can't wait until I pick up my Springfield M1A Loaded that I ordered next month. I think I'm having anxiety attacks over it, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchell View Post
    I want to see this movie so bad!

For you Springfield lovers, I can't wait until I pick up my Springfield M1A Loaded that I ordered next month. I think I'm having anxiety attacks over it, LOL.
    Twitchell, where did you order that rifle and what was the cost? Semper FI.

Twitchell, where did you order that rifle and what was the cost? Semper FI.

I had Dixie Gun and Fish in St. George UT order it for me. A local hook up. They only charge me 10 percent over wholesale. The going rate for them right now is unfortunately between 1800.00 to 2100.00 ,(if you can find them), for the M1A LOADED version. The M1A Standard version, (striped version/like the stock M14) is running 1500.00-1800.00, once agian (if you can find them).

I luckily got the last one they could find the first of Nov, and for an outstanding 1500.00 "after taxes". I'm just trying to get it out of layaway now. I went down and paid on it and held it a couple of weeks ago. That's why I go to them for my rifles. They only charged me 1350.00 for my Colt Ar15A3 Tactical last year. The going rate for those now is anywhere from 1750.00-2250.00. And good luck trying to order any AR's right now.

Thank's to Obama, everyone is buying them, along with mags and ammo like crazy! That's another problem, when I finally pay for the rifle, the 20 round Springfield mags for the M1A's are averaging 55.00 bucks a piece. Not to mention ammo.

I know what your going to say, f*** that's bull****, I hear ya. So if you can find one grab it up if you've got the money. If not, hopefully they will just leave the gun laws alone for a while, and prices will go down.

I'll try to download the specs for those rifles. If not, look up Springfield Armory and you can look at all the rifle specs., and prices. Mine is the M1A Loaded, with the medium match grade, CARBON, air guaged barrel, and black synthetic stock, among a bunch of other match parts!

Standard M1A
    MA9106* M1A Standard w/Black
    Fiberglass Stock
    Caliber: 7.62x51mm NATO (.308WIN)
    22”, 6 Groove, 1:11 Right Hand Twist, Parkerized
    Barrel:
    Front Sight: Standard Military Post
    Military Aperture, Adjustable for Windage and Elevation
    Rear Sight:
    2 Stage Military Trigger, 5 - 6 lbs
    Trigger:
    Magazines: 1 - 10 Round, Parkerized
    Weight w/Empty Magazine: 9.3 lbs.
    Length: 44.3”
    *For California legal models the part number is MA9106CA.
    The cornerstone of the M1A™ family, this rifle is all business. Choose between 3 stock designs, black fiberglass with rubber buttplate, Mossy Oak stock with metal buttplate or American walnut with original military buttplate.
    22” Barrel
    [44.3 “ Overall Length]
    Caliber: 7.62x51mm

MA9226* M1A Loaded w/Black Fiberglass
    Stock, Carbon Steel Barrel
    Caliber: 7.62x51mm NATO (.308WIN)
    22”, 6 Groove, 1:11 Right Hand Twist, Parkerized, National Match Medium Weight, Premium Air Gauged
    Barrel:
    Front Sight: National Match .062” Military Post
    GI Match Grade Non-hooded Aperture .0520, Adjustable,
    One-half Minute for Windage and One Minute for Elevation
    Rear Sight:
    2 Stage Military Trigger, Match Tuned, 4.5 - 5 lbs
    Trigger:
    Magazines: 1 - 10 Round, Parkerized
    Weight w/ Empty Magazine: 9.8 lbs.
    Length: 44.3”
    The “Loaded” series rifles are full of upgrades offering exceptional value and performance. Black fiberglass or American walnut stocks. Air gauged medium weight national match barrel in either stainless or chrome moly. National match components such as national match trigger
    assembly, national match front sight and non-hooded rear sight assembly, and national match flash suppressor.
    *For California legal models the part number is MA9226CA.
    22” Barrel
    [44.3 “ Overall Length]

SORRY EVERYONE, I DID'NT MEAN TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD!

Thanks Twichell, I bought my ar-15 last year at Scheels, I hear you I have been buying ammo for all my rifles and pistols like crazy, Semper FI.

I have a WWII era M1 Garand I bought from the CMP.
    She shoots better than I do.
    I also got a Springfield '03 from the CMP.
    A M1A standard that I usually set up as a pseudo DMR and a Colt AR finishes my tiny arsenal.

Now that I know Clint uses a Garand I must see movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Thanks Twichell, I bought my ar-15 last year at Scheels, I hear you I have been buying ammo for all my rifles and pistols like crazy, Semper FI.

LOL! Only some brother!

Quote Originally Posted by RLeon View Post
    I have a WWII era M1 Garand I bought from the CMP.
    She shoots better than I do.
    I also got a Springfield '03 from the CMP.
    A M1A standard that I usually set up as a pseudo DMR and a Colt AR finishes my tiny arsenal.

Now that I know Clint uses a Garand I must see movie.

Damn, thats crazy. That's most of the same rifles I want in my arsenal. Lucky! All that I've got right now is this:

Springfield M1A Loaded (soon anyway)
    Colt AR 15a3 Tactical
    Kimber custom II 45acp
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin model 25

I lost all of the others trying to pay bills in the past, but I'm slowly gettin it back up there!

Just came home from watching grand torino and i must say it is one good film and a must to see. for all who have been over seas you'll love all the political incorrectness of this moive as one after one slang words come rolling off clint's tounge.. you will enjoy this film and some of you real old farts you may shed a little tear.you gotta see this.

Well I will stick with my Thompson Center Endeavour 50 cal. and 300 win one shot one kill and i can change the barrels anytime i want and purchase different caliber barrels to fit the gun.. aint no sense in having 10 different caliber guns laying around..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I JUST SNAP THA' NECK OF THE CLOSESET MUTHA FUCING GANG BANGER THUG NEAR ME!THEN I TAKE HIS AK-47 AND SHOOT ALL THE OTHER PUNKS 2 DEATH.DIRTY HARRY STYLE WITH A LITTLE CHARLES BRONSON THROWN IN

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    it really conveyed how you should respect that mean old man in your neighborhood.....
    A few months back my 81 year old uncle was standing propped up in front of a Fred Meyer cashier waiting to pay for some meds while the employee fiddle fvcked with the register tape, or somethin. Uncle had reached his pain/patience threshold, reached over and choked the kid long enough for a dramatic bug out getting the attention of all those around. He eventually let loose his grip and hobbled out while security followed him to his car to for a license plate# but they never did try to detain him.

The dude sued and won, uncle he was ordered to make monthly payments of X amount of dollars until paid in full but i found him layin there dead in his rack a few weeks ago hehe, ripe He wasn't no war hero or nothin just a cranky old fart

--->Dave

Thread Information