montford point
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: montford point

montford point

who else remembers montford point besides me? i went there for motor transportation school back in 1973 and back then it was montford point. i know other marines know about it. it's where all motor t men went to school so whats it called now!!!!! To all my fellow marines that went there lets here from you, past, and present all you devil dogs. PS we had quansit huts then and the showers were about a hundred feet from our barrecks, and in the winter it was fu*king cold.

Camp Johnson...

Montford Point is still there. It's now called Camp Johnson named after SgtMaj Johnson. I dunno whats all there now since many of the schools have been combined with other military branches of service to save money.

I did my last 6 months in the Corps at Monford Point back in 1969.I did not know it had changed names.

Camp Johnson has Supply School, Admin School, Logistics Operations School (MT Mechanic, Red patcher, MIMMS), Finance School, FMF Doc school as well as other advanced level schooling.

I went to Disbursing School there in the fall of '67. Didn't much care for the area...

I had heard there was a chow hall there now....from an active duty Marine who works near there...

There was a chow hall there in '67...

Quote Originally Posted by Noynik View Post
    There was a chow hall there in '67...

Well I haven't been there in about 20 years but from what this buddy of mine said....there was a huge brand new chow hall there and thats all....

Reply to Mp

We used to call it Montford University I remember very well in 1972 the horrible smell of Red Death served every Wed. for dinner chow. (Corned Beef and Cabbage) Used to go to the EM Club for liquid dinner Balintine Beer for 25cents a can. I went to AMC course there. The heads were horrible after the weekend. Sh!ters plugged Cock Roaches the size of Field Mice. Good times though. Go to Jville and get drunk on beer amd Boones Farm Apple Wine,Bali Hi wine. Great Pizza Place served pizza with anchovies and squid. That placed used to be the segregated boot camp.
    Recon532002

went to supply school there in 73 chow was so bad use to eat at snack bar or didn't eat

Montford Point???? Been there, done that, early 1960. Field Medical Service School. I was attached to Second Medical Battalion at the time we lived in Bldg 102 just across the street from the Chapel. Left that outfit in April and went to Second Recon Bn out at Stone Bay next to the Rifle Range, lived in OLD WWII barracks, had kerosene heaters and NO AC, enjoyed every minute of it, left after returning from Gitmo, we were there for the Cuban crisis at Leeward point. THe one event that stands out in my mind was the plane that crashed there, we could see it coming, also remember those guys from Pioneer Bn that got caught in the mine field, bad day!! left Recon in DEc 1962.

There in 58 MT school they had cooks school there then and when they changed classes all you got to eat was hot C-Rats, for about a week tasted like crap the way they did it.

Negro Recruits attended boot camp at Montford Point. Durning the years 1942-1949 Montford Point was the training ground for Negro Recruits.

correction needed

wrote quansit huts mint barrecks one to many crown and cokes that night . but it was still fun there!!!!!

I was s-3 chief at MCSS in 67-68. Question? whos animal is buried at the HQ building on the right as you come aboard the base?

Thread Information