Favorite Quote.....
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite Quote.....

I have been collecting quotes for years; these below are my favorites,,, what are some of yours?

" Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." - Ronald Reagan

" It is not the critic that counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

" Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." - Abraham Lincoln

" Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education." - Mark Twain

" Success breeds arrogance and complacency." - Ross Perot

" You know what makes a good loser? Practice." - Ernest Hemingway

" A good plan violently executed NOW is better then a perfect plan next week." - George Patton

" The country needs and, unless I mistake its temper, the country demands bold, persistent experimentation. It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

" You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Berra

" Great crises produce great men and great deeds of courage." - John F. Kennedy

" I risked much, but I made much." - P.T. Barnum

" Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." - Frank Zappa

" A man's not finished when he is defeated; he's finished when he quits." - Richard Nixon

" Go ahead, make my day." - Dirty Harry

" If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" - Johnnie Cochran

" Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee

" My instinct was to win, eliminate anyone who was in competition, destroy my enemy, and move on without any hesitation at all." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

" We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

" The test of character is not " hanging in there" when you expect a light at the end of a tunnel, but performance of duty and persistence of example when you know that no light is coming." - James Stockdale

" Things which matter the most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least." - Goethe

" What we do in life echos through eternity." - Maximus, The Gladiator

" It is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog that matters."- Harry Truman

"What the mind can concieve, the body can achieve..." SSGT Brown, USMC 1982, AOCS Drill Instructor and good guy....

"Get your head outta your azz, boy...!!" -my Grandfather...and it worked..!!!

ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for yourcountry! PRESIDENT J.F.K.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    "Never pee into the wind", Doc Greek (experience, taught!)

"Excuses only satisfy those who make them"

"Don't tell me, show me"

"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"

Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night, Light a man on fire an hes warm for the rest of his life. -unknown

"He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened..." Lao Tzu

"A Man's got to know his limitations"-Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter?

"I don't want you to follow me or anyone else. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I could lead you in, somebody else would lead you out." --- Eugene V. Debs

“Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
    Friedrich Nietzsche

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Thomas Jefferson

Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
    "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    To all over 50,, Always check your turn signal, and your zipper. Sparkie.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    To all over 50,, Always check your turn signal, and your zipper. Sparkie.
    I fit that age group-and then some. Zipper activated much more than in my mis-spent youth, but not as often for the same reasons.

Yeah I know--TMI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FOR THOSE WHO FIGHT FOR IT,LIFE HAS A CERTAIN FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW BY UNKNOWN MARINE I-CORPS 1968

Thread Information