Leaving Marshall University, Not accredited High School - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [quote=NoRemorse;424593]
    Quote Originally Posted by JKPoenaDare View Post
    Well put
    Smoking? Maybe some Marijuana you suggest? Haha, been there, done that... Of course, can't let MEPS know that. As a matter of fact, I've done my share of bad things.... Probably have enough to share with about 20 other people too... I've just been lucky in getting away with/living through all of them. (I know you were talking about cigarettes)

I was actually talking about smoking your ass. Nothing like a little IT to motivate someone even more.

As for all that trash you're not going to tell MEPS. You posted it on the friggen internet.

Ya got potential; you'll figure it out.
    =) I created this screen name specifically for this site.. Poena Dare is Latin for "To pay the consequence of your actions", JK is my old gaming clan..
    Besides that, I don't think my posting of anything on the internet is that closely monitored by Uncle Sam, especially not that of someone aspiring to be an Infantry Marine. Mayybeee a Top Secret > clearance level MOS? (Not saying an Infantry Marine couldn't achieve/be required to have this)

But yeah, CLEP test might not be a bad idea, I'll check with Marshall to see what's available. And I'm not sure really... What I'd have enough knowledge to CLEP out of... Hmm..

Thanks again, for the feedback

[quote=JKPoenaDare;424632]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post

=) I created this screen name specifically for this site.. Poena Dare is Latin for "To pay the consequence of your actions", JK is my old gaming clan..
    Besides that, I don't think my posting of anything on the internet is that closely monitored by Uncle Sam, especially not that of someone aspiring to be an Infantry Marine. Mayybeee a Top Secret > clearance level MOS? (Not saying an Infantry Marine couldn't achieve/be required to have this)

But yeah, CLEP test might not be a bad idea, I'll check with Marshall to see what's available. And I'm not sure really... What I'd have enough knowledge to CLEP out of... Hmm..

Thanks again, for the feedback
    The Marine Corps is an extremely small brotherhood. You'd be surprised at what could come back around and bite you in the ass.

You could CLEP out or you could sign up for FEMA tests. I know my college took all the FEMA tests and applied credits to my transcript. That's like $60 a credit hour if I remember correctly; easier to pass than the CLEP too.

Don't know if the Corps will take 'em though.

Cool All set

Alright... So I said I'd update this...
    I will be returning to Marshall in a couple of weeks, to attend regular classes as a full-time student... After this semester, I'll be eligible to enter...
    I would like to go to a reserve infantry unit, outside of my own state (Combat Engineers around here) and finish out college... That leaves the opportunity for OCS open, and it also pays for my schooling... After I finish, regardless, I intend to go active.

Anyone have a better idea? =P
    (Just got the book Spare Parts about the Marine reservist, was told the reserve units get treated a bit like crap...) =/

Thread Information