Help With A Project
Create Post

Help With A Project

Alright, so here's the short version: I'm writing something for my command, on Accountability and why it matters to the Marine Corps. Now, obviously its a big deal, but I'm having trouble finding any MCO's on the subject, or relevant Pubs. marines.mil hasn't been very helpful, I'm afraid...so now I come to the community. If anyone has any knowledge of the needed docs/pubs, or anything they'd like to contribute, let me know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastion View Post
    Alright, so here's the short version: I'm writing something for my command, on Accountability and why it matters to the Marine Corps. Now, obviously its a big deal, but I'm having trouble finding any MCO's on the subject, or relevant Pubs. marines.mil hasn't been very helpful, I'm afraid...so now I come to the community. If anyone has any knowledge of the needed docs/pubs, or anything they'd like to contribute, let me know.
    This is not necessarily a subject which must be guided by regulations, but instead by moral courage and a sense of "doing the right thing." Accountability is much the same as responsibility. You're entering a philosophical discussion area and you should approach it that way.

Use the Ten Commandments as part of your guidance; the Golden Rule as well. Article 92 UCMJ also applies. All involve accountability without necessarily mentioning the exact word.

You should find references to accountability in various MCOs and Pubs, but probably no single reference source. Those will be referring to specific instances of accountability, such as the company commanding officer being accountable to the battalion commander for government property under his/her control, etc.

Broaden your research efforts beyond Marine Corps specific resources and look for what you need in a more generalized sense. This could be a very interesting college paper for a philosophy or ethics course. Have fun with it.

Thread Information