Please Read - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Read

ya im just for some opinions based on my situation.

but yes Marine84, she is atleast she is 20.

I'll be damned, I couldn't read all that. I'm married now and want to reenlist. We're also having a kid. We're already independent and that's the way to go.

I got involved with a female Marine while I was enlisted and it didn't end well. Wasn't cause we were Marines; it was because we were young and stupid.

Yeah, I know, young and stupid are redundant. There's always an exception but there ain't no exceptions in the Corps. Marriages that occur during the first year in the service usually don't end well.

Them's the statistics; go with the financially capable thing. That usually means you'll be mature enough to handle the majority of situations that come your way.... ah who am I kidding?

As soon as I read something about getting her out of that household I remembered the words of SSgt. Whetstine:

"Who are you, Captain Save-A-Ho?"

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    yea dude you ever heard of a "meal ticket" and ask yourself how you feel about your first divorce, The corps is too hard on a young marriage to endure, sure its not unheard of but the deck is stacked so high that if you breath the house will fall, it better to wait and see if your relationship can stand up to boot camp first, pick up a news paper, we are the smallest branch with the highest divorce rate.

ya all the stats go against gettting married at such a young age and ecspecially during the first years of my enlistment. so right now im leaning towards waiting a little longer, i just wanna be able to make it work. i know there will be struggles but i do not wanna make it even harder by being broke and young and dumb. but that quote at the end is hillarious

Thread Information