Shoulder injury
Create Post

Thread: Shoulder injury

Shoulder injury

Hello fellow poolees, Marines, and friends. I separated my ac joint in my shoulder a month ago in football season. It is now back to normal and at full strength, ( only hurt me a few days ) doctors said there is nothing wrong with it, and you cant fix it and wont cause me any problems. Is it something I should tell me recruiter about? I waited on it to heal before I made this post if ur wondering. Thanks for any insight again.

No why would you ? Its healed and your doctors said its fine and its back to normal and at full strength.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    It is now back to normal and at full strength, ( only hurt me a few days ) doctors said there is nothing wrong with it, and you cant fix it and wont cause me any problems. Is it something I should tell me recruiter about? I waited on it to heal before I made this post if ur wondering. Thanks for any insight again.
    Since you went to a doctor,ER,or orthopedic surgeon there will be medical documentation. You NEED to TELL the recruiter and have him make the determination on whether or not it has to be told to MEPS!

If there is a question about whether or not you should tell the recruiter, you already have the answer. There is never an excuse to hide anything, and if there is a question you'd be hiding something.

Well, I just got off the telephone with him. He said, " So, you dont have to have surgery on it, then it's nothing to worry about." I hope hes right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fez View Post
    Hello fellow poolees, Marines, and friends. I separated my ac joint in my shoulder a month ago in football season. It is now back to normal and at full strength, ( only hurt me a few days ) doctors said there is nothing wrong with it, and you cant fix it and wont cause me any problems. Is it something I should tell me recruiter about? I waited on it to heal before I made this post if ur wondering. Thanks for any insight again.
    I went to MEPS today and have had a similar injury. What grade is the separation? I had a grade 3 that required surgery (left a 5" scar also) so I let my recruiter know. It will probably require an ortho consult, but you should be good. The doc that did my physical looked at it and tested the mobility, strength, etc. He said it should make it through the consult without an issue. Just be straight with them and you should be good.

I had a grade 1, it was only sore for a few days. ( no surgeries )

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    well i'll tell you if you really want it you'll shut your mouth

Get it looked at. I seperated my shoulder 3 years before I went to Boot. It was fine until I made it to Parris Island. I threw out my shoulder three times. Once during a nasty fall when we were sent to find volume, the first time on the O course, and the last being on the 3 mile endurance course. O yea I toughed it out. I just popped it back in and kept on fighting. And my senior knew. Thank god it did not happen during the Crucible. But it was good when I was home on Boot leave but halfway through ITB it flared up again and you know where I am now, I am home on 30% disability on the TDRL. Awating a second surgery by the VA cuz the Naval hospital messed up the first one. And yes I love the Marine Corps and I am going to reenlist. So make sure you are squared away.... and I do need an upgrade. I was a Lcpl by the time I got out.

Last edited by hempstead56; 12-14-08 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Need a promotion to Lcpl

Quote Originally Posted by hempstead56 View Post
    Get it looked at. I seperated my shoulder 3 years before I went to Boot. It was fine until I made it to Parris Island. I threw out my shoulder three times. Once during a nasty fall when we were sent to find volume, the first time on the O course, and the last being on the 3 mile endurance course. O yea I toughed it out. I just popped it back in and kept on fighting. And my senior knew. Thank god it did not happen during the Crucible. But it was good when I was home on Boot leave but halfway through ITB it flared up again and you know where I am now, I am home on 30% disability on the TDRL. Awating a second surgery by the VA cuz the Naval hospital messed up the first one. And yes I love the Marine Corps and I am going to reenlist. So make sure you are squared away.... and I do need an upgrade. I was a Lcpl by the time I got out.
    You'll find volume in the most curious places. Good luck on the reenlistment process.

As for our errant poolee. Talk to your recruiter again about it. If you tell him one thing, he doesn't tell anybody else and you decide to pipe up during the moment of truth then it's YOUR azz; not his.

Thread Information