Who has been out and joined back up?
Create Post

Who has been out and joined back up?

Well, I have been out for 7 years and just think it would be best if I went back in. I will be 33 on the 17th so I am getting up there in years. I was in for 5 years so I would have 15 to go. Got out as Cpl thinking id be back in as a LCpl. Have a few questions about it. I know time in grade goes to 0 but will i get any points on my cutting score for my time in or will it also go to 0? What about uniforms? Will that be an out of pocket experience? Also went and talked to recruiter and was told pick 6 MOS and said I would get my choice of duty station, and he would summit it. Does this sound like what you went through? Did you get MOS you wanted? Stationed where you wanted? Thanks for any info.

It sounds about what they told me. I talked to them about a month ago. I have been out just over 6 years. I would have to buy the uniforms but would also get an allowance that cover the cost. Everything was looking good until they found out that I had 3 kids. That makes 4 dependants with my wife. They cut off is 3. I will not be able to reenlist. Good luck

Credits
    Savings
    I thought about it myslef, but after a 10 yr. separation, I ended up joining the USAR instead as an MP. I was a "Winger" back in the Corps, so I kept my rank & time in grade. I also retained all the ribbons from the Corps.

Gents,
    Lets not forget about the Marine Corps Reserve. We are always looking for qualified and experienced warriors, and we dont screen for dependants. YOu can always transition from the reserves to active duty once your rank catches up to your number of dependants.
    any reserve questions can be shot to me at jeepinguy@gmail.com
    For the original poster, the Marine corps uses what is called a "Constructive Age"

I.E. if you spent 10 years on active duty, and you are 30 Years Old, you are 20 Years old Constructive. Just keep in mind that we have changed the height and weight standards recently and we also have the CFT.

Not that I'm planning on reenlisting anytime soon, but I was unaware that the height/weight standards had changed. When I search I can only find the old chart- can you point me to the new one?

the new combat fitness test order....
    Enjoy.
    http://www.usmc.mil/news/publication...%206100.13.pdf

• MALE
      AGE 17-26: 18%
      AGE 27-39: 19%
      AGE 40-45: 20%
      AGE 46+ :21% FEMALE
      AGE 17-26: 26%
      AGE 27-39: 27%
      AGE 40-45: 28%
      AGE 46+: 29%

If the Marine fails to lose the required weight/body fat while enrolled in the Body Composition Program, they can ultimately be discharged from the United States Marine Corps.
    Note: No action is required for Marines who are below the Minimum Standards. Commanders may refer such Marines for a medical evaluation to determine if they are in good health. Marine Corps Weight Chart -- Male
    HeightMaximum WeightMinimum Weight

The weights seem to be the same ones I remember. The body fat going up as you age is new, it used to be 18% for everyone. I suppose that's a good thing. I just wish the Marine Corps would invest in some calipers and get a better reading. The tape test is silly, I've seen fit Marines fail the tape test and fat Marines pass it.

Well i aint that lean but still as Mean and still a Marine..Orahhhhhhhhhhh

Calipers can suck too... you want some overzealous chap at MEPS pinching skin?

Now the jiggle test... that's a method you can trust!

I wasn't really talking about MEPS. I was talking about Marines in the fleet. I really don't care if someone is over weight when they go to boot camp. In my mind you should be able to ship at any weight you want, you just don't graduate until you fall into line according to weight or body fat.

Calipers aren't as good as other methods, but it is better than the tape. Measuring at the belly button and neck leaves a lot of room for fat that happens to fall into other places.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnerRabbit View Post
    Well, I have been out for 7 years and just think it would be best if I went back in. I will be 33 on the 17th so I am getting up there in years. I was in for 5 years so I would have 15 to go. Got out as Cpl thinking id be back in as a LCpl. Have a few questions about it. I know time in grade goes to 0 but will i get any points on my cutting score for my time in or will it also go to 0? What about uniforms? Will that be an out of pocket experience? Also went and talked to recruiter and was told pick 6 MOS and said I would get my choice of duty station, and he would summit it. Does this sound like what you went through? Did you get MOS you wanted? Stationed where you wanted? Thanks for any info.

This order should answer your questions:

http://www.marines.mil/news/publicat...201130.80A.pdf

Thread Information