My journey has come to an end...or has it? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    They let you in, Big Al.
    That was a long time ago Sparkie ....

My waiver for meds went through the first time they pushed it up through BUMED. It's not a lost cause, keep trying.

Mike

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hang in their Jacob! You are very motivated. Keep studying and keep up your PT.

Will do Corporal! It's tough but I'm not down and out yet!

Corporal Holmes, I found this article on Fox News about them letting felons in. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251890,00.html
    Kind of crazy huh?

Don't Ever Give Up

I am in a similar situation. Like you, I have been trying to enter the Marine Corps for the past 2.5 years. In October, I received my first rejection. I have not given up. Right now, I am investigating the possibility of proving myself in a different branch.
    Quote Originally Posted by lagrand View Post
    It's tough but I'm not down and out yet!
    I know just how tough it is. You have spent a lot of time waiting. That was the easy part. It was easy because you knew when the waiting should be over and what the next step should be. It is now difficult because you don't know what the next step is. You don't even know if there is a next step. It is imperative that you maintain a high level of motivation. Many people will tell you that the US Military will never accept you and that you are wasting your time. Only motivation will give you the will to continue. I suggest reading Hard Corps: From Gangster to Marine Hero by Marco Martinez. That book is pure motivation. If a gangster like Martinez can become a Marine and earn the Navy Cross, then so can you.

Gunner,
    Lol, I havent seen that picture in ages.....

Ha! Thank you Corporal Gunner. I have read and understood!

Java, you hit the nail RIGHT on the head. I, too, may join another branch. I have talked to the Army and they are trying their best to see what they can do to get me in. Hopefully the Marines on here won't jump on me to much seeing how the Corps is no longer an option But like I said before, mark my words...I WILL see you all in the Fleet someday. God bless you guys.

- Jacob

Spotts

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Gunner,
    Lol, I havent seen that picture in ages.....
    Used to be on the bulkhead in our Co. HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by lagrand View Post
    Ha! Thank you Corporal Gunner. I have read and understood!

Java, you hit the nail RIGHT on the head. I, too, may join another branch. I have talked to the Army and they are trying their best to see what they can do to get me in. Hopefully the Marines on here won't jump on me to much seeing how the Corps is no longer an option But like I said before, mark my words...I WILL see you all in the Fleet someday. God bless you guys.

- Jacob
    Ain't Ready for Marines Yet! I certainly hope so.

DD Form 368

Poolee LaGrand, you might want to read this:
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/guard...vetransfer.htm

I have made an appointment with the doctor to get a document stating I am NOT depressed and HAVE NOT been and that I AM fit for military service. I have talked to my recruiter who has told me he would be more than willing to send it up to BUMED for me. At least it's a start! I/we WILL WIN THIS BATTLE. I'll update as soon as possible. God bless.

- Jacob

PS. If there are any certain statements I should include in the document that would help me chances, feel free to post them. Also, if there are any certain statements which I should stay away from please let me know also. Thanks guys.

I don't know if a personal note would help or not, stating how much you want to be in the Marines and how you haven't had any problems whatsoever with depression...

In any case, best of luck. I truly hope everything works out for you.

It's not going to be a personal note. It will be a document from the doctor with whom I have seen for the last 2 years and who knows me best. Thanks for the support.

Lagrand, good luck. Like I said I am in the same situation. I've done everything MEPs has told me to do, taking the evals, by civie and military docs, and still disqualed me. Only difference between you and I, is they haven't allowed me to do my physical. So that's what we're fighting for now. To get me up their to get my physical, that way I can send Med Docs to BUMED

Thread Information