Military Working Dog Handlers Course - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    well here i am at MCB Kanoehe Bay,hawaii.the weather here is nuts,one minute it's raining the next its sunny.I'm still a fresh boot so I haven't gotten my dog yet...haven't done anything job related yet besides field day the kennels....a boots best is not enough I'll be recieving a narcotics dog and working the road in about a month,I'll keep ya all updated.keep those questions comin! just had to clear out my inbox!

If you ever steal my cup at McDonalds I'll beat the **** out of you, especially if you're on duty. Let all your little buddies know that too, especially the one who did it last time.

i doubt i'll be going into mcdonalds with my dog but i'll be sure to let the PMO guys know are you back from deployment corporal?

No not yet. that's right, you're not PMO. So you're okay in my book.

was hoping you knew that corporal,though I do have a narc dog...so tell your pot smokin' friends to take it elsewhere

If it isn't too much trouble could the powers that be make this thread a sticky by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalling View Post
    was hoping you knew that corporal,though I do have a narc dog...so tell your pot smokin' friends to take it elsewhere
    Wait till Bayfest, take your narc dog around where the concert is and he will be going crazy.

And why bother making it a sticky? The idiot poolees won't read it anyhow.

i get alot of PM's that start with "I read your thread and......." so obviously people are,i just dont wanna have too keep bumping it.if it's too much trouble no big deal.

trying to instill an appreciation for what an MWD is capable of...and this is with a padded bite suit on.most of the blood dried up before this photo was taken,but those puncture wounds hurt!!!

Hello PFC. Walling and others.

I am 20yrs old and a poolee who leaves for MCRD San Diego in July. I can't say that I have always wanted to be a Marine, or anywhere in the military for that matter- but I can say that since I have enlisted all I want to be is a MP MWD handler. It was a great source of inspiration to see that you were able to become a MWD handler as just a PFC, and I thank you for posting this...this is exactly what I was looking for.

As of now, I am doing 15 pull-ups, 125 crunches, and running a 9:30 1.5 mile. I have improved my strength by 100% since I DEP'd in 4 months ago. I push myself everyday because I know what I want, and I know the best way I can serve the Corps.

If there's anything you want to add PFC. Walling that I can gain some leverage on I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much,
    Poolee Gracy.

P.S.- Will eagerness and a damn well-written essay give me a pretty solid chance??

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hi..I'm currently a poolee. Could you give me some advice ..I too would like to be a mp dog handler..

Congratulations on becoming a dog handler. Keep living your dream! I graduated from high school in 1963, Kauai High School.
    Semper Fi Marine!
    Lin

Hi, I am Poole Strong. I leave for recruit training on June 19th of 2017. At the moment I am a senior in high school. I have been a Poole since June, and I love it. I have wanted to be a Marine since I was a little kid. The moment I turned 17, I dragged my dad to the office and signed the papers. I am going in as a MP and want more then anything to be a handler. I am dead set on it, but I understand it is super hard to get into. I was just wondering if there is any tips you can give me to make my odds greater? Also, I am a female so my IST scores aren't as high as the males, will that affect my chances? I read what you wrote and it makes me so much more excited. I know I haven't earned my title as a Marine yet, but I bleed the Marine Corp. I want to do it as a career and I have been talking everyone's ear off for the past ten years. I actually skipped a whole school year so that I could join sooner. I give it my 110% at Poole functions that we have twice a week. So anything that you know that can help me, please tell me. I want to be a handler more then anything in this entire world!! Thank you so much for your time.

Thread Information