Military Photo Album - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My Grandpa Ray, served as a Gunner's Mate in the Navy from WW2 through Korea and some time after that. The USS Fraser was at the battle of Iwo Jima and fired it's main guns on Mt. Suribachi.

Here's a couple more Grandpa Ray took while out at sea during WW2.

Credits
    Savings
    Good pixs, Tony!!

Wow those are awesome, Tony! Thanks for sharing, I sent you a PM about that liberty pass.

Great Pictures.

Gunny here, just want to say thanks to all you jarheads for being there, and doing what your doing. It makes me even prouder to be an old jarhead who has did his time, knowing I am safe because of men like you. Semper Fi. Jerry

O M G you can't get any better great shots SEMPER FI

Brothers and Sisters, as I look at these awesome pictures, I have to give myself a big kick in the arshe!! You see, I served with folks that did the battles of WW II and Korea. It never really occured to this young Marine (me) to thank those folks for what they did or to pick there brains or take their pictures or any of the other stuff that makes history. I say all this to ask you young folks now serving to seek out those "lifers" or old farts and thank them. Take their picture and make lots of notes. When you get to be my age then you can share with the younger folks. Besides, it's refreshing to look back and take a different look at what you did in your earlier days of the Corps. - - End of sermon - -

Thread Information