Tour Conversions (JP)
Create Post

Tour Conversions (JP)

I need some help Marines.

Just recently I had put in a package to bring my wife out here to live with me and have my tour extended to 36 months here on Okinawa (currently serving a 24-month unaccompanied tour they gave me before I got married). However, our Battalion Commander denied the extension on the basis that he has seen too many marriages fail out in the early years. I fully understand where he's coming from, seeing as I am a young Lance, and only married since this past July. I was told by one of the Sergeants here that being married and having been denied a tour extension I could lower my tour to 12 months (he stated there are 3 tour lengths: 12-month married unaccompanied, 24-month single unaccompanied, 36-month married accompanied). I've been looking around but haven't found anything that may even closely resemble what he's talking about. So that means I'm pretty much stuck on this island without my wife for the next year and a half. Any advice/help any of you "saltier" Marines can give me?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi

Hye wargrudge... what ended up happening? my husband and I are trying for the tour conversion and im wonderin what happened. if we get denied will he be able to shorten to 1 year? helpppp

LizMville.....how about filling out your profile, site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    Also, your posting in year/years old threads, and you're probably not going to get any answers from the original posters.

And double and triple posting isn't allowed. Asking your questions once is enough.

I just asked again because I realized that it had been a while since anyone posted on this one, so I thought my chances of getting a reply may be better on the other one. Sorry I didn't know

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    LizMuvlle- Start a new post in the open discussion forum with your questions and I will try to answer them. My fiance got surprise orders to Oki, so we are dealing with a similar situation.

Thread Information