Too old to join?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Too old to join?

Hello, I just turned 28 and I was wondering if that was too old to join. I know the age limit is 28 without a wavier, but this question is more of a matter of opinion amongst current Marines. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk2f View Post
    Hello, I just turned 28 and I was wondering if that was too old to join. I know the age limit is 28 without a wavier, but this question is more of a matter of opinion amongst current Marines. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
    One of the guys in my platoon at ITB was 28 or so.

He was a squad leader since he had his head screwed on a bit tighter then all us punk 18 year old kids.

Age doesn't make a difference as long as you work hard and never quit.

There was a guy in my platoon who was 28 that was a medical drop from another company. We picked him up for 3rd Phase...he didn't really get messed with at all by the DIs. There were a few other guys in our company that were between 26 and 30 that were treated a little bit different by the DIs seeing as that they were generally a lot more mature than most of us 18 and 19 year olds.

It won't be a problem. You will be in a situation where people 10 years younger than you will be your only source of friends, at least for a while. If that is a problem for you then I guess you should consider it. But every company has a few people that are older than the typical recruit, and they all do just fine.

Fill out your profile.

I had 3 in my platoon in bootcamp that were 29-30, and they did better than some of the 18-19 year old recruits, especially in terms of maturity.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yawn

We had a 31 year old when I got stuck in MRP, he picked up with a company and ended up being the Honor Grad with them.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks to all the Marines that responded. I really appreciate all the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk2f View Post
    Go Get Some,Old Man,lol.

Thread Information