Can I contract as 0321?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Can I contract as 0321?

I am enlisting in ten days(Dec the 9th) and am talking with my recruiter on Dec the 2nd to discuss my MOS and to Guarantee me PFC out of boot(Three years of JROTC and various other Cadet programs,Young Marines,NSCC). I was looking into 0311, but I have always wanted 0321. I did some research and it said that's a MOS I pick after SOI but I was in the Chat Room yeesterday and somebody told me I can contrcat as 0321. Is this true? I know I have to wait for slots to open up at Ft. benning,Ga(Airborne) and Coronado,Ca(Scuba Diving).

brian21johansen
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drill for life View Post
    I am enlisting in ten days(Dec the 9th) and am talking with my recruiter on Dec the 2nd to discuss my MOS and to Guarantee me PFC out of boot(Three years of JROTC and various other Cadet programs,Young Marines,NSCC). I was looking into 0311, but I have always wanted 0321. I did some research and it said that's a MOS I pick after SOI but I was in the Chat Room yeesterday and somebody told me I can contrcat as 0321. Is this true? I know I have to wait for slots to open up at Ft. benning,Ga(Airborne) and Coronado,Ca(Scuba Diving).

Yea you can but if you don't get a 2nd class swim qual out of bootcamp then you are screwed. Also, I'd worry about passing the indoc before waiting for some school to open up. That is the least of your worries.

Great, thaks oyu. I am sure I can ualify at Basic. I am great swimmer.

Credits
    Savings
    You always swim with flak kevlar and rifle, huh? Especially three sizes too big and unbuttoned/unlaced?. Damn I wish I was born ****ing invincible like you...

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    You always swim with flak kevlar and rifle, huh? Especially three sizes too big and unbuttoned/unlaced?. Damn I wish I was born ****ing invincible like you...
    Thats true. The stuff you swim in at bootcamp is so raggedy. It really hampers your movements even being a very good swimmer. Boots that don't fit, soaking wet utilities missing buttons and 3 sizes to big as Paidin said....its rough. And you have 0 time to look for the right size so don't try lol. Your on a countdown to get dressed and get out.

Oh, that's gonna be hard.

He has it all figured out,lol, he has alot to learn, what are you going to do if our beloved Corps makes a cook out of you?

Credits
    Savings
    Then he's gonna be the best damn cook the Marine Corps has EVER seen, until Gen Conway himself flies out on a chopper and gives him a better job. Or Plan B-cry like a little ***** and talk **** about the Marine Corps for the rest of your life... Plenty of losers go that route...

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Oh, that's gonna be hard.
    Well perhaps your current swim training should be kicked up a notch!

Never me. If I can't get into Recon I'm just going to do what I was going to do origanlly 0311.

brian21johansen
    Guest Free Member
    Ok during the swim qual in boot camp I wore one boot that could barely fit, and one boot that was like a size 15 or some trash....and I normally wear an 10.5-11. My cammies didnt have buttons at all.....my pack which was supposedly "water right" was in reality a piece of garbage. As soon as I jumped in the pool I just heard bubbles all around me.

My buddy had to wear to left boots one of the days ahaha

Wow, how did you do. Can't you wear the boots you where isssued at the First Phase of Boot?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Well perhaps your current swim training should be kicked up a notch!
    I guess so.

Credits
    Savings
    Ladies and gentlemen! There is actually something he didn't know!! Call the papers!

No, man. You swim in stuff that gets sent to the pool to die. Old worn out EVERYTHINGS

Wow, how did you do. Can't you wear the boots you where isssued at the First Phase of Boot?
    Nope they have a whole rack of pool stuff (cammies, boots, etc) that you have to use.

I got Qual 3 out of bootcamp, thats the highest they let us go. I know some in other BN's that only could go 4.

Thread Information