Question for a recruiter or Marine
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for a recruiter or Marine

Here is the deal, no bs, here.

I want in the Marines.
    23 years, oldest of three brothers. Three of my good friends are Marines. I want to serve, but here in is the problem.

1st the good I guess, I am a high school graduate, attending a community college right now, and scored a 82 on the ASVAB.

The bad though is I was attrited from Airforce DEP in 2004, I made a mistake and smoked weed a little bit before MEPS and popped hot when I went in(brain dead move I know). Hanging out with the wrong crowd and doing what the other retards were doing at the time. Winter 2005 I decided to give the military another try and I signed up for the NAVY, this time at the behest of my parents, I was getting cold feet and decided that I shouldn't shipout but then decided to man up and go head and do it. While at Great Lakes I volunteered for the Red Rover Blood Drive by the American Red Cross and gave blood. It resulted in me having a nervous breakdown as this was the first time I had ever given blood. Suffice it to say I made it to P-4 due to lack of appetite and dehydration. So was outprocessed with the NAVY.

Somehow I feel called to join the Marines and want to be in, for myself more than anyone else this go around because I think that I owe my country and those who stuck their necks out on the line in raising me.

Earlier this year I got a DUII and Reckless driving charges, I am in diversion for the DUII as this is my only one and plead guilty to the Reckless driving charges. From what I understand the recruiter said that he could work with me after speaking with my lawyer and getting the lay of the land on the charges. Currently I have served 2 of 5 days in jail and am on low level(bench probation) for two years. I also have had four prior moving violations in the past 7 years. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by yellowwing; 11-12-08 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Readability

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    [SIZE=16"]Here is the deal, no bs, here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16"]I want in the Marines.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=16"]23 years, oldest of three brothers. Three of my good friends are Marines. I want to serve, but here in is the problem.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16"]1st the good I guess, I am a high school graduate, attending a community college right now, and scored a 82 on the ASVAB. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16"]The bad though is I was attrited from Airforce DEP in 2004, I made a mistake and smoked weed a little bit before MEPS and popped hot when I went in(brain dead move I know). Hanging out with the wrong crowd and doing what the other retards were doing at the time. Winter 2005 I decided to give the military another try and I signed up for the NAVY, this time at the behest of my parents, I was getting cold feet and decided that I shouldn't shipout but then decided to man up and go head and do it. While at Great Lakes I volunteered for the Red Rover Blood Drive by the American Red Cross and gave blood. It resulted in me having a nervous breakdown as this was the first time I had ever given blood. Suffice it to say I made it to P-4 due to lack of appetite and dehydration. So was outprocessed with the NAVY. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16"]Somehow I feel called to join the Marines and want to be in, for myself more than anyone else this go around because I think that I owe my country and those who stuck their necks out on the line in raising me. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16"]Earlier this year I got a DUII and Reckless driving charges, I am in diversion for the DUII as this is my only one and plead guilty to the Reckless driving charges. From what I understand the recruiter said that he could work with me after speaking with my lawyer and getting the lay of the land on the charges. Currently I have served 2 of 5 days in jail and am on low level(bench probation) for two years. I also have had four prior moving violations in the past 7 years. Any help would be great. Thanks. [/SIZE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There that looks better. Why not just make it a clean sweep and try to join the Army then the Coast Guard and get kicked out of both of them. Sounds pretty cut and dry you aren't Marine material.

RE:Question

To tell you the truth, in response to that, went to the Navy with full intention of doing my best to get in there and was on my way except for that screw up with the the giving blood which I had never done which really hindered my performance while there. Its documented in my paperwork for out processing. There were guys that were bigger than me(talking 200lbs and over) who didn't even make it out of the room after giving blood, so I just count myself as lucky. And as far as people I know that have joined up they are in worse situations than mine(maybe not in terms of the military) but I know convicted felons that are now in the Corps. So what I'm getting at here is, not everyone is perfect I know that, just that I don't want to regret not being in the Corps when I know full damn well I can do it.

Last edited by yellowwing; 11-12-08 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Size

You forgot to ask whatever your question was. Anyway, I feel sorry for the poor Marine who gets stuck with having to TRY to get you in. What a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    You forgot to ask whatever your question was. Anyway, I feel sorry for the poor Marine who gets stuck with having to TRY to get you in. What a waste of time.
    OUCH!!!LOL ya got to love marines. All i can say is keep trying with the Marine recruiter and if he can help you then you can try this program called Aren't Ready to be Marines Yet after a couple of years of good service try the Marine recruiter again.

Quote Originally Posted by BMACAMB View Post
    ....when I know full damn well I can do it.
    LOL..Now that's funny right there.

Many have not been able to hack it at our boot camp and did fine in other services. You're saying you couldn't hack Navy training and you think you can make it in ours? Thanks for the laugh.

There's no evidence that you've been able to do anything, besides get kicked out, yet.

What was the RE code on your DD214?

Haha, anyways I guess that is what to be expected when seeking an answer, Not saying I be a perfect recruit but hell some people need a second or third chance. The Air Force I take full responsibility for, the Navy was pure accident hence the reason that I'm not there in the first place. But I guess you would have to read the post in order to get that. I'm not seeking any flame throwing here just honest answers guys and gals. I got an RE-4 with I believe a JDA code. The RE-code I was informed by the VA could be downgraded to get me through to MEPS and all but I was wondering if that was done would there be any reason they would disqualify me given the situation. Thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Somebody sent free entertainment out for us tonight ya'll!

(popping popcorn)

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Your just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.NOT!

If you pass out at the site of giving blood I wouldn't go into a combat arms MOS.

You can apply for the waivers with a recruiter but with your track record you have your work cut out for you.

If you are still drinking and drugging...you need to get your head and azz wired together...as the Marine Corps is zero(0) tolerance for drugs and alcohol related incidents.

Getting you through MEPS with a upgraded discharge is not the half of it.

Getting through Marine Corps boot camp and staying squared away is where the challenge will lie......but,after the initial paperwork and waivers it is all up to you. If you are accepted in the Marine Corps you can excel or again wash out it is totally up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BMACAMB View Post
    Haha, anyways I guess that is what to be expected when seeking an answer,
    Read your first posts, you didn't ASK any questions, non-hacker! You just told us you have a history of quitting/flaking out/getting into legal trouble (repeatedly).

Um, if you had a nervous breakdown just by giving blood, then what the hell do you think is going to happen when you're in combat and you see your first dead body? Or god forbid someone actually shoots at you...I guess you'll just drop dead right there or snap and curl up in a ball in the middle of a street.

You need to realize that you're probably not cut out for the Marine Corps if a friggin needle caused you to snap.

hes probably one of those recruits that cant make it through bootcamp and get diagnosed with PTSD and other crazy illnesses. They make me sick.

Hell I had a nervous breakdown cuz my ass was crazy when I got there, under the conditions giving blood in December in ****in Great Lakes with 20 degree weather and not being well rested. But the spirit was right so I did it. Believe me I learned my lesson. Hell I've had 2 more guns than I would like held to my face by a dude I didn't like who was on some drugs that make folks do crazy ish over some trivial bs. So spare me the ray of sunshine crap.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Hell I had a nervous breakdown cuz my ass was crazy when I got there, under the conditions giving blood in December in ****in Great Lakes with 20 degree weather and not being well rested. But the spirit was right so I did it. Believe me I learned my lesson. Hell I've had 2 more guns than I would like held to my face by a dude I didn't like who was on some drugs that make folks do crazy ish over some trivial bs. So spare me the ray of sunshine crap
    You are one tough man....do you feel the vibrations from me shaking all the way across country to Portland,Oregon?

So spare me the ray of sunshine crap.
    I guess I was WRONG...the sun doesn't shine too many days in Portland!

You may try your Navy basic training and Air Force DEP BS on the block but you ain't Marine Corps material!

They didn't want your crazy azz so why would the Marine Corps?

Also; you can fuk with St. Peter, you can fuk with St Paul, but fuk with ONE Marine and you fuk with us ALL.

No Man,......No. You wouldn't be happy in the Marine Corps. You seem to be one of those people who (there's always something) Alway's a story, Alway's a reason.....I would hate to see you out at CCU breaking rocks. Stick with your school, If anyone doesn't want to hear excuses it's the Marines. Stick with the Civilian world. I mean no disrespect when I say it, I've just seen alot of guys cheese out, then you have to live with that. It's not for everyone.

Thread Information