Poem by a Marine
Create Post

Poem by a Marine

This was written some time ago about OIF and the struggles one faces after his war is over. Sound off let us know what you think. PM me if you want to know anything about where i got it. OOHRAH!

Here nor there

My heart sinks with pain...
    I cannot believe I'm here...
    No more bombs, no more gun fire...
    No not anymore...
    Not for this Marine...
    His time has passed...
    He fought his war or so he thought...
    But strangely enough...
    It's knocking at his door...
    Like a pounding Migraine, it just wont go away...
    He wakes up in tears, so cold and alone...
    His war is with himself...
    His demons inside...
    He will fight the good fight...
    Just so he wont have to say...

"I'm just one more Marines, that has lost his way..."

Good one, Devil. It took me awhile too. I still have my moments. God bless, and Semper Fidelis.

I like it. It's been 3 1/2 years since I got back home, and sometimes I still feel out of place. 2 1/2 years since I got out. Still have those times. Keep it up brother. You'll get it back. Maybe not 100% Don't force it. Take your time. I tried to push too hard to be "normal" again. Almost lost my wife over it. If you have need, get ahold of me. I'm sure anybody else around here is willing to help as well.

Semper Fi

Wow!

This is truly awesome poem by marines. I really loved and thanks for sharing it.

Royal marines are an unstoppable fighting unit. They are reputed as being dauntless and their success rate in missions is near perfect. Certain qualities are a must for a highly trained royal marine officer. Physical fitness is a must and they require that all recruits have a ‘commando state of mind’. Recruits are expected to be resilient and have high energy levels. Perseverance is a quality that is a must be become a successful royal marine officer. This is because royal marines normally work in extreme environments from mountains to deserts. A good marine must be a leader, must be in great physical condition and must have good personal skills.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing. I hear that is the case all too often.
    God bless when deployed overseas, and on the return home. We're all in debt to your service.

Thread Information