Getting a Tat while in DEP - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kbg1010 View Post
    Aww Crap. We are not supposed to get a tattoo in Dep. I ship out in 14 days and I just got a huge Eagle, Globe, and Anchor across my back. I sure hope the drill instructors like it.
    YOU are about a dumba$$! What if you don't make it? How you gonna explain that EGA?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kbg1010 View Post
    Aww Crap. We are not supposed to get a tattoo in Dep. I ship out in 14 days and I just got a huge Eagle, Globe, and Anchor across my back. I sure hope the drill instructors like it.
    Please tell me that you are pulling our leg!

My Recruiter and those he works with all stressed to not get a tattoo while in DEP. You may still be able to go to boot, but it will mean causing a whole mess of trouble and you are simply better off waiting until you are out of boot. The tattoo will be there for life anyway so what's the rush.

put it on your elbow.

Don't get a tattoo while in the DEP.

If you get one hide it and they find out later you will have a fraudulent enlistment as it was not documented beforehand.

If you get one and tell the recruiter, you have to have it documented. Giving more work for your recruiter to do. Believe me, the recruiters do not need more work.
    They will make it a point to screw with you.

Quote Originally Posted by UsmcMotorT View Post
    put it on your elbow.
    The neck would be better. It lets everyone know how moto you are.

Talking Neck

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Don't get a tattoo while in the DEP.

If you get one hide it and they find out later you will have a fraudulent enlistment as it was not documented beforehand.

If you get one and tell the recruiter, you have to have it documented. Giving more work for your recruiter to do. Believe me, the recruiters do not need more work.
    They will make it a point to screw with you.

The neck would be better. It lets everyone know how moto you are.
    Haha thats funny. I got one on my neck lol. I did it after I was out. Go back to the first page I posted some pics lol. . And before anyone ask's it does hurt

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate138 View Post
    What's the procedure if a poolee wanted a Tat while in the DEP? I've searched for a similar question by the way and couldn't find anything that answers this question.

My good friend - who's been by my side through the good times and the bad times - and I were talking about getting a tattoo that we'd both have before I go to boot. I'm wondering if this would hinder any process for going to boot camp? I have one tattoo already and got a waiver for it easily, so it wasn't a problem...

I don't know what the tattoo I'd get would be, but it wouldn't be gang related or any **** like that.

So my question is: would it be a bad idea to get a tattoo now that I'm in the DEP, or would it not be a problem? Any insight is appreciated.
    Tat your ass you will be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Tat your ass you will be good to go.
    I was sitting in MEPS talking to this guy and he was talking about the tattoo he had and the fun he had explaining it.

He got "Your Name" tattooed on his butt. He was on the phone trying get it cleared up and was saying that he had "Your Name" tattooed on his butt, but they weren't getting it...apparently they had to take a picture of it too...

Not gonna tat my ass, that would be stupid.

Credits
    Savings
    Funny you bring up tattoos. I was on duty once and this female Pvt was showing off a tattoo she got on her shoulder blade. The tattoo turned out to be some Japanese characters and I laughed my butt off when I saw it because they were upside down. I felt like an ass breaking it to her, but it couldn't be helped. I'm not Japanese and I know that...(I watch a lot of anime).

Some guy I served with got a tat on the top of his penis that said "welcome aboard."

Good thing for him, another Marine offered to pay for it.

I like that Flying V Lance Corporal.

And yes, no tats in DEP. They dont ask on you on the 30 and 5 day preships for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I was sitting in MEPS talking to this guy and he was talking about the tattoo he had and the fun he had explaining it.

He got "Your Name" tattooed on his butt. He was on the phone trying get it cleared up and was saying that he had "Your Name" tattooed on his butt, but they weren't getting it...apparently they had to take a picture of it too...
    When I checked in on the base at Okinawa I will never forget the Gunny who dropped his pants in front of us with his tat, the tat on his ass said Grade A Choice American Meat.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    When I checked in on the base at Okinawa I will never forget the Gunny who dropped his pants in front of us with his tat, the tat on his ass said Grade A Choice American Meat.
    Why did he limit himself to "choice"? He must not think highly of himself.

<- that's where the good stuff is

Jesus Christ, a tattoo on your dick? Man that **** musta HURT.

Thread Information