Female Poolees Age?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

Female Poolees Age?

I look at our current crop of our Female Poolees and see their age at least 19 and above. Male Poolees, some of them are chasing their parents to let them go at 17.

Has that alway been that 4th BN is 2 years older than the males?

Credits
    Savings
    I was a "late bloomer..." Turned 21 a month after I got to the battalion.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well just look in the poolee hall of all these young male sons asking how they can convince their parents to sign them up. Almost as much as the I Was On Retilin Questions.

I aint never seen a female poolee on Retilin or wanting to be Ricky Recon.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    I was a "late bloomer..." Turned 21 a month after I got to the battalion.
    That sounds pretty awful. In the good way, but still awful.
    I won't know when I turn 20, because I'll be in bootcamp!

Or at least I hope I won't be reminded by any of my Drill Instructors!

Sorry, off topic, I know...

I'm 17 and a female poolee. I DEP'd a few weeks after my b-day. And I ship, June 8th, 2 days before my 18th b-day lol. Can't wait

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm a female poolee and 17 also and I enlisted right as the class before me graduated aka. As they would allow me too...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Well just look in the poolee hall of all these young male sons asking how they can convince their parents to sign them up. Almost as much as the I Was On Retilin Questions.

I aint never seen a female poolee on Retilin or wanting to be Ricky Recon.

Ain't that the truth! Regardless of age, the ladies tend to be smarter, or at least they keep the wackiest concerns between themselves and the recruiters...

I'm 18. Didn't get to enlist until I turned 18 so I could sign for myself.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Where is my ritilan? I was certain I have seen a few young ladies on here asking why they couldn't be in the infantry or a sniper or a front line engineer.

Most female Marines ive seen tend to be older, POGs tend to be older too. Most Marines Ive seen enlist right out of highschool tend to be 03's (most! Dont hang me!)

But really, almost every female Marine Ive met joined later than 20 or so. I guess they want to see if they can marry a rich guy first, then when they cant they figure the Corps is the next best thing

(OH God...lets see where this goes, that was a joke ladies!)

I waited because my family didn't see the Corps as the right place for a female. They wanted me to join the Air Force, or at the least, the Army if I had to go to the military.

So as I toyed around with enlisting in either of those two branches, time just seemed to kind of fly by. I finally got a well needed epiphany, and realized that I'm leaving my parents, so I can't let them have rule over decisions that I have to live with.

Of course that line of thought led me to get married at 19 as well, but the point is no one knows what's good for me better than God and myself.

Hey, who needs rich when you can get a Marine?!

I had thought about it for a long time, but decided to go to college and stick around with my family. My brother joined right after highschool and "inspired" me to finally join. My family is behind me in my decision, with a bit of cautionary advice on the side. I want to help my country so "why not"?

I have found 5 other female poolees shipping Dec. 8 with me, and only one is under 20. I found it kind of strange too. But I think girls are a little bit more rational, and want to explore other options before making the final decision to join the USMC. For me personally it was because my parents would have freaked when I was 18 and I got married to a Marine... and it just seemed too hard to do at the time.

I just really think it's because girls want more experience before they go. but that's just my opinion.

Yeah... I went to college... did two years, but I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, but I knew I wanted to me a Marine. So at least now I'm going in with some college credit : )

yeah.... and I turn 21, four days after I get to PI... next week Friday... the day we take the IST. Life is grand... lmao!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    At 22 years old I feel like an old man when my recruiting office holds poolee events. I ship in about a month, does boot camp also tend to be this way with most of the recruits right out of high school?

Thread Information