reporting in
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reporting in

reporting in

im reporting into mct here on the 2nd im taking a greyhound up i know im reporting in with my service alpha's but when is the actual report when i show up off the bus with my bags meaning id have to wear my alphas up or do we get a chance to check in and get situated for a minute before reporting in and i know we dont wear our alphas in public. I just want to be fully prepared regardless

Travel in civies, no matter what. Where's the bus dropping you off at? My guess is that you'll take a cab from the greyhound station to Lejeune. If that's the case, hit the head and changeover into your Alpha's before you catch a ride.

Dont make the mistake I did. The ride on a grey hound will be miserable enough. Wear civies until you get to the final grey hound station, and then change before you take the cab ride.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash2053 View Post
    Dont make the mistake I did. The ride on a grey hound will be miserable enough. Wear civies until you get to the final grey hound station, and then change before you take the cab ride.

I checked in on a Sunday night/monday morning at 0200. My mom arranged the flight. Wouldn't recommend it. I only had to do one extra day of working parties but I kept getting lit up because everyone thought I had been there a while. When the rest of my friends got there on tues, I was running around just as lost as them trying to get into my alphas. Woof.

Anyway, don't get into your uniform 'til the last minute. If you get there early, you can probably change there but I don't know the east coast and wouldn't want to get ya in trouble...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And make sure you mind your manners........................when you walk in be damned sure to say "Pvt (insert real name here) reporting as ordered".

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    And make sure you mind your manners (so sayeth the Southern Belle!)........................when you walk in be damned sure to say "Pvt (insert real name here) reporting as ordered".
    Jeez, mehopes he don't talks like he writs.

Whadee say, whadee he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Postman View Post
    im reporting into mct here on the 2nd im taking a greyhound up i know im reporting in with my service alpha's but when is the actual report when i show up off the bus with my bags meaning id have to wear my alphas up or do we get a chance to check in and get situated for a minute before reporting in and i know we dont wear our alphas in public. I just want to be fully prepared regardless
    Crimety,Charley....Your profile states your an engineer...
    Can you construct a sentence properly ?
    I counted 74 words without in a row without a punctuation mark.I think that's a record....
    Not to mention caps missing.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He's easily excitable ecfree

Sure Kim,you had to go and get him excited....

I don't think reporting in even happens at MCT anymore. I know I didn't do it. And nobody else that I know did.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    I don't think reporting in even happens at MCT anymore. I know I didn't do it. And nobody else that I know did.
    Agreed. You don't report in "formally". But you can't show up in jeans and a t-shirt and shout "I'm here".

Yeah fresh out of boot I reported to Redstone Arsenal Huntsville, Ala in civies. After a good azz chewin by the CO and First Sgt, and assignment to garbage detail for a week, I never made that mistake again. Not the best first impression. No-one told me in boot I had to report in uniform. But I took my punishment, and was better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Postman View Post
    Where the FuK did you go to boot camp. Honestly, what the FuK is going on. You can wear your Service Alpha's in public. Holy ****, this stuff ****es me off. If you can't even learn your basic uniform regs, how the FuK are you going to learn what the hell ever your job is.

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    Where the FuK did you go to boot camp. Honestly, what the FuK is going on. You can wear your Service Alpha's in public. Holy ****, this stuff ****es me off. If you can't even learn your basic uniform regs, how the FuK are you going to learn what the hell ever your job is.

LMAO, I could see you popping a vein while typing this. You sound like that dude from the "WTF Marine?" videos...

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    Give the guy a break, he's askin a legit question. I once had an instructor say to me after I said ("you might think this is a dumb question, but...") "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask." If he doesn't ask how is he supposed to learn? People learn quicker from teachers who don't criticize them for asking a question they are confused about. We're a brotherhood here. He's new and boot, give him a break.

Thread Information