Overseas (Japan)
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Overseas (Japan)

Hey guys. My recruiter told me that I can choose to be stationed in Japan if I want. I was just wondering if it's that easy (you choose it, you get it) or if they only select a certain amount of people to be stationed in Japan. Also, how long are you stationed there for? Thank you all.

I know for my mos you circled east, west overseas,, everybody that circled overseas got it...but im pimp @$$ supply 3043

everybody hates us,, but they want to lat move to supple cpl. cutting score 1376 sgt cutting score 1709
    hate on supply bnut we are the smartest...

FYI,, if you wear your alpha's on the plane to Oki form the states you will get upgraded to 1st class,, all the other Marines will laugh at first because you are in uniform ,, but when they see those 1st class seats on the Oki flight they will be ****ed,, a 10 hour flight with a 1st class seat is worth it.

Thanks for the response. I am also wondering when you choose to go overseas. Do you sign a contract at MEPS that says you want overseas or is after your MOS school that you can say you want to be stationed overseas. Thanks.

I don't know how it is now but when I was in Camp LeJeune orders came up for Okinawa so I raised my hand and I was on my way for a 13 month tour and it was the best duty station I ever had, OOHRAH.

Depends on your MOS, infantry does not get a wishlist on where they want to be stationed.

Does anyone know if intel gets a wishlist?

no brainer

if you can get order for japan get them fou fool. also i was told every marine is has to due a tour every four years over seas thats what i was told. besides it's beautiful over there and the ladies are fine!!!!!!! LOL there a virgin behind every tree

Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    if you can get order for japan get them fou fool. also i was told every marine is has to due a tour every four years over seas thats what i was told. besides it's beautiful over there and the ladies are fine!!!!!!! LOL there a virgin behind every tree
    And everything is slanted,lmfao.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Hahahahahaha,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    And everything is slanted,lmfao.
    I ain't heard that one in years,LMFAO.

Then it hit me,,,,,,, Okinawa belongs to Japan now,,,,,, WOW,,I forgot. I was thinkin, Stationed in Japan???? WTF?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "Wake up, Sparkie!!!!!!
    "Shet, it's Sunday, Leave me the fok alone!"
    "You don't get it. Just heard there's a roundeye workin the PX"
    "Well, Helll, Lets go, Dammit"

For one I'm glad I didnt get sent to Oki, I picked overseas but got Hawaii. The good thing about Hawaii is most of the units actually do combat deployments, where as Oki is basically just a place to chill on deployments to Korea, the Phillipines and Thailand and get treated like a little kid in garrison doing stupid field days and ****. It used to be way cooler, I went to Kinser to visit on the 4th of July and it was cool don't get me wrong, but nothing like the way its described by the older Marines anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 1topher View Post
    I know for my mos you circled east, west overseas,, everybody that circled overseas got it...but im pimp @$$ supply 3043

everybody hates us,, but they want to lat move to supple cpl. cutting score 1376 sgt cutting score 1709

FYI,, if you wear your alpha's on the plane to Oki form the states you will get upgraded to 1st class,, all the other Marines will laugh at first because you are in uniform ,, but when they see those 1st class seats on the Oki flight they will be ****ed,, a 10 hour flight with a 1st class seat is worth it.
    As I said above, Marines like this are in abundance in Oki, 18-19 year olds who act like idiots (its ironic he says "Everybody hates us") which is the reason they have a midnight curfew and have to have buddies like its still MOS school. Probably the reason they only send augments to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan, not entire units. Its mostly MLG, airwing, and HQ bn for 12th Marines and III MEF.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    For one I'm glad I didnt get sent to Oki, I picked overseas but got Hawaii. The good thing about Hawaii is most of the units actually do combat deployments, where as Oki is basically just a place to chill on deployments to Korea, the Phillipines and Thailand and get treated like a little kid in garrison doing stupid field days and ****. It used to be way cooler, I went to Kinser to visit on the 4th of July and it was cool don't get me wrong, but nothing like the way its described by the older Marines anymore.

As I said above, Marines like this are in abundance in Oki, 18-19 year olds who act like idiots (its ironic he says "Everybody hates us") which is the reason they have a midnight curfew and have to have buddies like its still MOS school. Probably the reason they only send augments to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan, not entire units. Its mostly MLG, airwing, and HQ bn for 12th Marines and III MEF.
    Another thing Marine, Okinawa was used for direct support for Nam, it use to be a good place until some turd fvcked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    I ain't heard that one in years,LMFAO.

Then it hit me,,,,,,, Okinawa belongs to Japan now,,,,,, WOW,,I forgot. I was thinkin, Stationed in Japan???? WTF?
    When I got back from the rock some young Marines were going over to OKI, well I told them the girls over there are different than American girls, You have to lay them side ways, I never told them any different, I wonder what them privates thought then when they got their Okinawan cherry broke,LMFAO.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 1topher View Post

That is probably one of the most ignorant, misguided, "my MOS is best" comments I've seen lately. Every Marine has a job to do, but your MOS cutting score doesn't make you smart. In fact, you probably didn't even know what one was til you got to school . FYI, there's grunts on here who can spell circles around you, "Pimp"

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Another thing Marine, Okinawa was used for direct support for Nam, it use to be a good place until some turd fvcked it up.
    Don't get me wrong Sgt, to say Oki is the land of idiots and morons who don't deploy to Iraq would give too much credit to the rest of the Marine Corps on bases like Lejeune and Pendleton

But I'm speaking from experience, even Marines stationed there agree with what I wrote and I've seen that stuff first hand. I came on base alone around 2200 and showed my military ID and the Japanese Police officer called the Marine at the gate over and almost flipped, asking where my buddy was, blah blah blah.

And I have never seen more WM's than when I was in Oki...it was great...

Thread Information