Overseas (Japan) - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Don't get me wrong Sgt, to say Oki is the land of idiots and morons who don't deploy to Iraq would give too much credit to the rest of the Marine Corps on bases like Lejeune and Pendleton

But I'm speaking from experience, even Marines stationed there agree with what I wrote and I've seen that stuff first hand. I came on base alone around 2200 and showed my military ID and the Japanese Police officer called the Marine at the gate over and almost flipped, asking where my buddy was, blah blah blah.

And I have never seen more WM's than when I was in Oki...it was great...
    Oh shoot where were the WM'S when I was there or was I too busy looking at the other side,lol?

Quote Originally Posted by 1topher View Post
    I know for my mos you circled east, west overseas,, everybody that circled overseas got it...but im pimp @$$ supply 3043

everybody hates us,, but they want to lat move to supple cpl. cutting score 1376 sgt cutting score 1709
    hate on supply bnut we are the smartest...

FYI,, if you wear your alpha's on the plane to Oki form the states you will get upgraded to 1st class,, all the other Marines will laugh at first because you are in uniform ,, but when they see those 1st class seats on the Oki flight they will be ****ed,, a 10 hour flight with a 1st class seat is worth it.
    I vote this post as 'most jacked up' of November. If this was a poolee they'd be taken to the woodshed for a lesson in the Kings English.

Supply is the 'smartest'???? Riiiiight. As evidenced by our poster.

Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I vote this post as 'most jacked up' of November. If this was a poolee they'd be taken to the woodshed for a lesson in the Kings English.

Supply is the 'smartest'???? Riiiiight. As evidenced by our poster.

Sheesh.
    Sgt L,

That is a good one. Watch out for those missing gear statements in the mail now.

S/F<
    CEYA!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Don't get me wrong Sgt, to say Oki is the land of idiots and morons who don't deploy to Iraq would give too much credit to the rest of the Marine Corps on bases like Lejeune and Pendleton

But I'm speaking from experience, even Marines stationed there agree with what I wrote and I've seen that stuff first hand. I came on base alone around 2200 and showed my military ID and the Japanese Police officer called the Marine at the gate over and almost flipped, asking where my buddy was, blah blah blah.

And I have never seen more WM's than when I was in Oki...it was great...
    Oki is ok. deployed there as an 03xx too many times and stayed there as a 03xx with the CG staff.

Oki has changed , it was not like Marines would tell me in the late 70s and early 80s, but hey close.

I've seen the tail end of most and happy to experience it.

I've been on the red card / gold thing before , nothing new.

Yes it sucks but it is better than being stuck on base every day of the week ( yep been there..Camp Schwab and Hansen).

Like the Corps, it changes but I'm glad we still have one.

The Marine flipping at the gate, hey as 1stSgt Wpns of 3/3 told me and Wpns- 81s,dragons, heavy guns plt, "Hey You guys have the right to do alot in the Marines but it takes a few to f'up for the majority." Take care of yourself and the Marines around you.

Don't cry if you messed up and they take it away".

S/F,
    CEYA!
    81s

I went to Japan in 99 and flew into Tokyo and was a long way to Iwakuni. Sure was an adventure had to take train, subway and taxi to get there prob a 250 trip don't really remember. Anyway got there and changed in town and went to go check in and they told me that they were surprised I didnt get shot and they ask why I was in uniform. It was around 2300. Spent a year there and was a pretty easy time. The Japanese people are pretty nice people.

Thread Information