Promotion
Create Post
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Promotion

  1. #1

    Promotion

    Hows it going just a heads up I got Meritoriously Promoted today..


  2. #2
    Congrats Danman...Semper Fi brother!


  3. #3
    Ata boy Dan......GET SOME...


  4. #4
    Congrats, Semper FI.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Danman View Post
    Hows it going just a heads up I got Meritoriously Promoted today..
    Did you get the word you were going to get promoted Meritoriously? If I remember correctly, Promontions go on the 1st and Meritoriously go on the 2nd. Either way congrats.


  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtArty View Post
    Did you get the word you were going to get promoted Meritoriously? If I remember correctly, Promotions go on the 1st and Meritoriously go on the 2nd. Either way congrats.
    No i was finished giving a brief and Capt stands up and says good to go.. etc, then he called attn. to orders... I was like WTF every one knew for 2 weeks tho except me so it fun.


  8. #8
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations Dan!


  9. #9
    Ha ha.. nice of them to spring it on you. Congrats.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Danman View Post
    No i was finished giving a brief and Capt stands up and says good to go.. etc, then he called attn. to orders... I was like WTF every one knew for 2 weeks tho except me so it fun.
    Freaking awesome then! Congrats once again!


  11. #11
    Best promotion I ever had was to Lance Corporal. Second best rank in the Marine Corps after Gunnery Sergeant!!!!


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeejoejava View Post
    Best promotion I ever had was to Lance Corporal. Second best rank in the Marine Corps after Gunnery Sergeant!!!!

    Wow, sir, I've never heard that one before! Everyone always says Sergeant or Gunnery Sergeant.....


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
    Wow, sir, I've never heard that one before! Everyone always says Sergeant or Gunnery Sergeant.....
    Ahh maybe it's them crossed rifles.


  14. #14
    I just loved getting those crossed rifles under the "mosquito wings". And picking up Sergeant? Sergeants were GODS in the flesh when I was a young LCpl. You did not question them, back talk them or make sounds they did not like (I found out the last one and earned 3000 8-count body builders!!!). I had a spring in my step and looked in awe at my collars for a week after getting those three stripes.

    When I was in TBS going through Warrant Officer Basic, they asked us what was the most challenging thing we would encounter i the Fleet. To the man we answered Lance Corporals. This suprised them. We explained; who does all the admin key punching? Who does the maintenance on the trucks? Who runs the radars? Who does EVEYTHING in the Marine Corps? Lance Corporals!! The true power in the Corps lies with thosefine young men and women that Officers and SNCO's get the pleasure of leading. It is an HONOR to lead Marines and I return all salutes with pride. Even those offered by the young Sailors on the mighty warship I currently serve on.

    There is a quote, can't remember who said it "When your leading, ensure you stop now and then to make sure someone is following."


  15. #15
    Congratulations again LCpl DanMan. You obviously earned that meritorious promotion. Awesome that they sprung it on you like that. Continue working hard. I am going to need someone to take on these bars in a couple of years nad Marines like you are the ones to pick them up and carry on!!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts