Everything is finally rolling
Create Post

Everything is finally rolling

well as it is obvious I am new to the boards. But just letting all here know that I am a soon to be Poolee.

It is astonoshing the commitments I, personally have made to the beloved United States Marine Core, which I am not yet a part of.

I had 5/8" ear gauges and was told to remove them. I did so, and had them permanently stitched shut for the Core.

I am leaving to go back to MEPS monday at 2:30 as the first and second time I was there I was not able to take my ASVAB, But I am now projected for it, and will be attending the overnight hotel stay and going back to MEPS for processing and my physical exam.

I am so overwhelmed at the fact that what I have been working so hard for is finally in motion. As for the last few months It has merely been talks with recruiters, going to small pool functions and just hanging out at the recruiters office as I was told I was always welcome.

Alot of the information on the forums has payed off greatly as far as what recruiters want to see from a new recruit, and what they look for in me as well.

Just want to give a humongous thanks to everybody here for the information they have provided not only to the members, but to the guests lurking around as well, because again it has done a vast amount in helping me get to this point.

Thanks Again,

Future Poolee, William Workman

P.S.

Sorry for the long rant lol

Marine Core? I have heard of the Marine Corps but not the Marine Core . By the way good luck to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah the other guy beat me to it. It's at the top of the page. Corps. The body of Marines. Welcome aboard, Workman. There's a couple other Workmans on here-look 'em up and let your cousins school ya.

Good luck. Stay focused and don't give up!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    hey workman do you go by billy and happen to live in north east ohio?

parmarugger, yes I go by Billy, but William is my legal name. Just curious as to who you are? as your profile is not complete.

Also, sorry about the spelling "core"

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That's cool. I had gauges too and took them out. I've been to MEPS 6 times because they kept screwing stuff up. (All overnight stays). And yeah. MEPS sucked. But I know what you mean once the ball gets rolling it's pretty exciting and you feel like you're working towards the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidFire89 View Post
    well as it is obvious I am new to the boards. But just letting all here know that I am a soon to be Poolee.

It is astonoshing the commitments I, personally have made to the beloved United States Marine Core, which I am not yet a part of.

I had 5/8" ear gauges and was told to remove them. I did so, and had them permanently stitched shut for the Core.

I am leaving to go back to MEPS monday at 2:30 as the first and second time I was there I was not able to take my ASVAB, But I am now projected for it, and will be attending the overnight hotel stay and going back to MEPS for processing and my physical exam.

I am so overwhelmed at the fact that what I have been working so hard for is finally in motion. As for the last few months It has merely been talks with recruiters, going to small pool functions and just hanging out at the recruiters office as I was told I was always welcome.

Alot of the information on the forums has payed off greatly as far as what recruiters want to see from a new recruit, and what they look for in me as well.

Just want to give a humongous thanks to everybody here for the information they have provided not only to the members, but to the guests lurking around as well, because again it has done a vast amount in helping me get to this point.

Thanks Again,

Future Poolee, William Workman

P.S.

Sorry for the long rant lol
    Core,HUH?

I am not enlisted either, but soon though.
    I have to get rid of some tattoos on my arm before I enlist.

Good luck and congrats on your decision!

P.S.
    I had the same ear problem but mine were 2 1/4"
    they are completely closed now, thank God!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

rapidfire89

i was asking because there was a kid in my welding class last year who had gauged ears and his name was billy workman are you him? i am james murray by the way

yes thats me, and I am IN!, swore in at 5:30 last night and was damn happy once it was done....phew lot of sweat of my back...

thank you to everyone that provides valuable information on these boards

Quote Originally Posted by RapidFire89 View Post
    yes thats me, and I am IN!, swore in at 5:30 last night and was damn happy once it was done....phew lot of sweat of my back...

thank you to everyone that provides valuable information on these boards
    Whatever a Marine tells you is gospel whether you like it or not.

Thread Information