Real Marine or Fake?
Create Post
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Real Marine or Fake?

Hey everyone I have a question. There is this I guy I work with. Once he found out that I was in the Marines he told me that he went to Boot Camp. Once I started asking him general questions like, unit/mos and other things like that he told me some B.S. story about how he only went to Boot amp. He said that his recruiter was crap and he was the last person his recruiter got in before he got out of the Corps. He told me that his paper work was not completed, and when he graduated boot camp, they told him he was not a Marine, and all his paper work had to be completed, and he would have to go through boot camp all over again. Can this be possible in today's world of tight security and checklist that need to be done before some is shipped off to boot camp? He said his Plt was 3045 and I've tried doing google searches for his name and Plt but I really can't come up with anything. Anyone have any ideas or a rational explanation to his bizarre story please share them. Thanks!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    His story smells like carp.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    Sounds like a poser to me.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well. I know he had a troubled history and maybe he went through a juvenile boot camp, with prior Marines as his DI. I just don't understand why some people have to lie to try and fit in with others. Thanks for your input. Any other input or opinions are welcomed too. Also is there like a national registry of people who went through Marine boot camp, that has their Plt numbers and dates served? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtArty View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well. I know he had a troubled history and maybe he went through a juvenile boot camp, with prior Marines as his DI. I just don't understand why some people have to lie to try and fit in with others. Thanks for your input. Any other input or opinions are welcomed too. Also is there like a national registry of people who went through Marine boot camp, that has their Plt numbers and dates served? Thanks!
    If you find one let me know. I would like to find some old friends.

SgtArty have you tried MOL? If he was in in the recent past he will be listed on there.

Quote Originally Posted by CPL Nelly View Post
    SgtArty have you tried MOL? If he was in in the recent past he will be listed on there.
    Yeah I have tried MOL, but sometimes it's hit or miss. I've tried looking up a few Marines from my old unit and no luck on there. I know there name is spelled correctly and everything, but they just don't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtArty View Post
    Yeah I have tried MOL, but sometimes it's hit or miss. I've tried looking up a few Marines from my old unit and no luck on there. I know there name is spelled correctly and everything, but they just don't show up.
    On the same note while trying to find a Marine registry on line I came upon this site. Might be able to reconnect with my old Marine best friend who I haven't seen since 1980 and can't find through any search. http://www.usmc-mccs.org/retiree/buddy.cfm

Can you find Marines who didn't make it to the fleet in MOL? Ask him his D.I.'s name/rank. If he can't think of it quick like, he's posing.

Me doth detect the familiar odiferous eminations of bovine excrement...!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Me doth detect the familiar odiferous eminations of bovine excrement...!!!

ROTFLMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    His story smells like carp.
    Carp hell,that's CRAP,as in BULL CRAP..

Ask him what bends and mother f-----s are ! That will tell ya !!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    my my Big Jim. your use of such eloquent speech puts me in awweth

Thread Information