Asvab
Create Post

Thread: Asvab

Asvab

I have a couple of questions concerning the ASVAB.

I have recently taken the ASVAB and got a AFQT of 74. I know that that is not a question , but I want to know what this will qualify me for in the Corp.

Also a problem that I have is that I took this in my high school, and I have heard that you can't use this score when you join, that you have to take it again when you are enlisting, can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks for your time

Your ASVAB score is good for two years...if you enlist two years after you took the ASVAB you'll have to retake it.

ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy09 View Post
    I have a couple of questions concerning the ASVAB.

I have recently taken the ASVAB and got a AFQT of 74. I know that that is not a question , but I want to know what this will qualify me for in the Corp.

Also a problem that I have is that I took this in my high school, and I have heard that you can't use this score when you join, that you have to take it again when you are enlisting, can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks for your time

To answer your 1st question....Your AFQT wont tell you what you qualify for. Try to find your "Line Scores" i.e. GT MM CL EL. Those will let you know what you qualify for as far as MOS.

2nd question....You CAN use you high school test scores it just the Recruiter have to do what is called a high school look-up at the MEPS, but it have to be posted for them to get it. takes like a day.....no biggie.

Hope this helped.

Thread Information