Poolee To ROTC Bad For The Recruiter?
Create Post

Poolee To ROTC Bad For The Recruiter?

Afternoon Marines, Poolees, and Wanna-bes,

I've done my research both on the Internet and through our search engine (looking for a past thread), as well through former Marines, one being my MI, SgtMaj Todd G. Ellis, USMC (Ret'd), but I've gotten mixed answers from them all, and nothing turned up in our search engine.

I was wondering, if I were to DEP on 1MAY2009 (end of my junior year of high school), and then were to receive a ROTC Scholarship during the 2009-2010 school year (my senior year), if I were to accept that, would that s***w my recruiter over? or would he still get some form of credit for my joining?

I intend on DEP'n 1MAY2009, and depending on if it'll s***W him over or not, I want to try for a ROTC Scholarship. If it does, I'm just going to enlist and go to PI after I graduate and go to college will in or after my first 4 years.

Thank you all for any help anyone can produce on this topic.

Last edited by Shick019; 11-20-08 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Date mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Shick019 View Post
    Afternoon Marines, Poolees, and Wanna-bes,

I've done my research both on the Internet and through our search engine (looking for a past thread), as well through former Marines, one being my MI, SgtMaj Todd G. Ellis, USMC (Ret'd), but I've gotten mixed answers from them all, and nothing turned up in our search engine.

I was wondering, if I were to DEP on 1MAY2008 (end of my junior year of high school), and then were to receive a ROTC Scholarship during the 2009-2010 school year (my senior year), if I were to accept that, would that s***w my recruiter over? or would he still get some form of credit for my joining?

I intend on DEP'n 1MAY2008, and depending on if it'll s***W him over or not, I want to try for a ROTC Scholarship. If it does, I'm just going to enlist and go to PI after I graduate and go to college will in or after my first 4 years.

Thank you all for any help anyone can produce on this topic.

This is about your career and not your love affair with your recruiter.

If you get the scholarship you will have to choose which route you will go.
    You cannot do both at that point.

It wouldn't be the greatest for the recruiter, but it isn't the end of the world. It would be nice if you let him know you were trying to get the ROTC scholarship though.

A recruiter only gets credit for any kid who actually arrives at Parris Island.

Why do you care so much? It's your life.. not his. Make the decisions you need to make for you.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, i was kinda in your boat.. Kind of.. Not really..

But i had a situation where i was thinking "oh man, my recruiter is gonna be all butt hurt.."

Then i had this EPIPHANY!

"I have to live with my decision, not him."
    ^By the way you can quote me on that.

There is a lot you will learn about recruiters.....do what is best for you, and you can adivse him of your intentions, if he doesn't like it then T/S for him.

Thread Information