CMC: No Combat Instructor Ribbons - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    Doc...think she's talking more about how Marines are so quick to discredit the service of others. I'm pretty sure she's not specifically worried about the ribbon because that would be a disgrace. It's not like she could rock and roll in open combat in Iraq so she did the next best thing and helped fill slots which are short (not everyone can qualify) and freed up some guys to hopefully do the "guts and glory" work overseas. Don't rag her too hard...

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I'm trying to help you Doc, I don't understand why you continue to attack me. When you use capital letters like THIS, it is perceived as yelling. This thread was a peaceful discussion about ribbons, it is about ribbons and only ribbons. You come on here and start talking about all those who have died for this country and get all worked up about it, to me, that is a sign of PTSD. I do not know you personally and I am not a doctor, but I got the sense that there is something deeper to your words- I have seen it in other threads as well. I'm trying to help you as I would any other Marine, therefore I don't understand why you keep attacking me.
    Low blow calling out someone like that.
    Especially a distinguished combat vet.

Your earlier posts sound like you're a ribbon chaser.
    No "Quiet Professionalism" here.

COMMDOG7.....I'm an AZZHOLE! Don't know WHY I got so fired up. It's not a secret, that I've tried to kill myself 3 times, and have been put in a rubber room, in a straight jacket, with an I.V. of Thorazine....or something similar. My anger, has gotten me into some VERY SERIOUS trouble, with John Law. When I was arrested, last year, for attempted murder of two men, in a bar fight....my shrink saved my miserable life, and put me BACK into my "padded condo". I take Zoloft, Trazadone, Zanax...and a few others, for my stupidity. I OWE YOU A BIG ONE!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COLLECT, ANYTIME....ANYWHERE.....I'VE GOT IT COMING. You have my SINCERE APOLOGY, for acting like an AZZHOLE.....SEMPER FI.....DOC

[
    ....."Doc Greek UP!!".....

You know what Doc, I'm done. I have tried to be respectful and help you out, but all you want to do is kick me in the nutz. You do not understand what I am trying to say, you do not understand it when I tell you that I like ribbons just like I like serving my country, but when it comes to the war dead then I could honestly care less about ribbons. You don't understand how much I AGREE with you, you focus on this pre-conceived idea that I must be EVIL because I think that MSG's deserve their ribbon, and no matter how much I try to explain myself to you, you refuse to listen. Yes, I must be a sh!tty Marine because I take pride in my uniform. I must be a sh!tty Marine because I take pride in my serving to my country. I must be a sh!tty Marine because I am thankful for those who have given their lives for this country. Oh, and I must be a sh!tty Marine because I look for signs of PTSD in those who have seen combat and just want to help. You attack your allies before you even understand what they are about. I have good intentions, I am sad that you cannot see that.

And Pete0331- PTSD is not a bad thing! It is not shameful. I do not know if Doc has it or not, I am not a psychologist. But based on his combat experience and his anger in these threads, maybe he has some things he should get off his chest. Like I stated earlier, when capitalized words are used, it is perceived as yelling. If he does not want his statements misrepresented, then he should be careful with what he capitalizes.

Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation unload show clear

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    COMMDOG7.....I'm an AZZHOLE! Don't know WHY I got so fired up. It's not a secret, that I've tried to kill myself 3 times, and have been put in a rubber room, in a straight jacket, with an I.V. of Thorazine....or something similar. My anger, has gotten me into some VERY SERIOUS trouble, with John Law. When I was arrested, last year, for attempted murder of two men, in a bar fight....my shrink saved my miserable life, and put me BACK into my "padded condo". I take Zoloft, Trazadone, Zanax...and a few others, for my stupidity. I OWE YOU A BIG ONE!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COLLECT, ANYTIME....ANYWHERE.....I'VE GOT IT COMING. You have my SINCERE APOLOGY, for acting like an AZZHOLE.....SEMPER FI.....DOC

you read down all the way? pretty sure he already apologized as best he knows how. not easy comin from a proud man.. not sure about time zones, but I'm pretty sure it's friday everywhere and 5:00 somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    you read down all the way? pretty sure he already apologized as best he knows how. not easy comin from a proud man.. not sure about time zones, but I'm pretty sure it's friday everywhere and 5:00 somewhere...
    Maybe you seen his words are a sincere apology, but I took it as pure sarcasm. I do look forward to putting all this behind us and moving on. Semper Fidelis

Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I gots me some ribbons.

Thats all they are. Ribbons.

The one I flash about, is on my signature.

It says volumes.

The other ones are pretty.

I just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time.

I don't do the braggng bit, out here in the 1stCivDiv, but I betchum you red ryder, and there are a few of us here, were we to combine our salad, we would have one big ass bowl full.

Now ain't that some whoopy ****ing ****?

Think about this for a closing - 'The best medal is a live man's smile.'.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!

All Vietnam vets how many of you remember "If I were commandant" in Leatherneck Mag.? Sounds like some of the stuff that people ask then.

This is my final post, on this thread. If anything I've said here, has offended anyone, I sincerely apologize. I didn't mean any disrespect to any Marine, I just let my anger get the better of me....won't happen again......DOC

[
    ....."Doc Greek UP!!".....

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    This is my final post, on this thread. If anything I've said here, has offended anyone, I sincerely apologize. I didn't mean any disrespect to any Marine, I just let my anger get the better of me....won't happen again......DOC
    I'm glad that we are finally moving forward. Know that I did not mean any disrespect towards you in any of my posts. Semper Fidelis, Doc.

Not pointing out any particular Marine from reading this post, so please bear with me.

A lot of Marine's confuse a "B-Billet MOS" with a "Special Duty Assignment MOS"....all SDA's are B-Billets, not all B-Billets are SDA's....big difference.

The SDA's are the duties such as Drill Instructor, Recruiter, MSG Duty, SOI Instructor that put one above their peers who have not completed a SDA and briefed at the promotion boards as such for promotion qualifications.

Technically, by definition, any MOS that takes you out of your primary MOS for duties is a "B-Billet"....

When I started out as a Career Planner as a Sergeant, it was a "B-Billet" MOS but not a SDA...then later on it became a primary MOS to become similar to the career Recruiting Force, and continues to be morphed more and more.

I don't agree with the ribbon's for performing a SDA, we're not the Army as was stated by the CMC and yes, their duties are strenuous and demanding, so isn't being a Marine in the fleet...and for a large part, the Marine's volunteered and were screened for those assignments (excluding the "body snatchers" from Recruiting lol!!)....

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post
    all SDA's are B-Billets
    I do not particularly agree with this statement. As a current MSG, my understanding is this: if I do not pick up SSgt on this program, this duty will NOT count as a B-billet. Most MSG's never pick up SNCO. A number of former MSG's have actually been forced into recruiting because they never picked up staff on the program. This is my main argument as far as the ribbon. If MSG does not count as a B-billet, shouldn't we at least get something for this duty? We are taken out of our mos for 3 years, therefore we will likely fall behind our peers in knowledge- this is another big issue. It would be nice to get something solid out of this duty which would help our career. I care more about the duty counting as a B-billet than actually getting a ribbon, but I am willing to take what I can get.

Semper Fidelis

What ever happened just for the love of serving the Marine's in any capacity, regardless of reward?

What do you get out of MSG Duty. How about a TS Clearance and exposure to dignitaries that many people outside of the Dept of State would never otherwise have that opportunity. How many SNCO's can be in "command" of a group of Marine's outside MSG Duty? Zero.

How many Marine's leave active duty to work for these entities? I have a few former Marine's that did that and they are making serious $$ and having fun doing it.

As far as my statement I made, that is from everything I learned as a Career Planner from the Squadron, Wing, Bn, and Regiment Level's dealing with the Monitors daily and worked up a NUMBER of MSG packages as both inentives for reenlistment and for career enhancement. I knew the MSG monitor(s) fairly well and spent considerable ammounts of time on the phone with them and occasionally at visits to both Cherry Point and Camp Lejeune.

If MSG does not count as a B-billet, shouldn't we at least get something for this duty? We are taken out of our mos for 3 years, therefore we will likely fall behind our peers in knowledge- this is another big issue. It would be nice to get something solid out of this duty which would help our career. I care more about the duty counting as a B-billet than actually getting a ribbon, but I am willing to take what I can get.

Semper Fidelis
    Ribbon chaser.
    If you wanted something for a B-billet you should have been a Drill Instructor.

Do it because you enjoy it and can make a difference.
    Those are rewards enough.

I do not particularly agree with this statement. As a current MSG, my understanding is this: if I do not pick up SSgt on this program, this duty will NOT count as a B-billet. Most MSG's never pick up SNCO. A number of former MSG's have actually been forced into recruiting because they never picked up staff on the program. This is my main argument as far as the ribbon. (1) If MSG does not count as a B-billet, shouldn't we at least get something for this duty? (2) We are taken out of our mos for 3 years, therefore we will likely fall behind our peers in knowledge- this is another big issue. It would be nice to get something solid out of this duty which would help our career. I care more about the duty counting as a B-billet than actually getting a ribbon, but I am willing to take what I can get.

Semper Fidelis
    (1) You have the pride of saying you served on a duty that most Marines would never qualify for.

(2) Did you not volunteer for MSG? Or were you ordered to that duty?

Thread Information