Vietnam era 2nd Batt. Recon
Create Post

Vietnam era 2nd Batt. Recon

Fellow Leathernecks!
    I have a historicial question. If a Marine came into the Corps in the late sixties or early seventies, what would his chances be of getting into 2nd Recon and earning Gold Parachute wings ? Would this be likely to be achieved in a two-year enlistment?
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    i guess it would have been possible, however not probable. most recon newbies had at least a year and a half in before being "invited" to try out. then you went into an extensive training program, to prepare you for RIC. i guess it would be possible for someone to do it though. Marines HATE lead wings, and i have seen some Marines that went through basic jump school straight out of boot and then get assigned to a Recon Bn.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    2ND FORCE HAD ME DOING PULLUPS OFF THE WATER TOWER TOP RAIL AT CAMP GEIGHER BEFORE I WENT 2 FT.BENNING AFTER ITR.IT WAS ONLY VOLUNTEER'S THE WAR WAS EATING MARINES UP

+ 1 Bigdog , It took me 18 months after jump school to get an invite and another 2 years for gold . and that was out of a 6 year term, out on a med , physical

Thread Information