MCT liberty?
Create Post

Thread: MCT liberty?

MCT liberty?

So I was looking up the MCT Training Matrix here. Now on it, it says we get liberty on Sunday's, I was wondering if anyone had finished MCT recently and could tell me what is aloud on that liberty, are you aloud to go out of the barraks and to the PX and such. I also just thought we didn't get any liberty while at MCT that is also why I ask. Thanks in advance Devil Dogs

PFC Henderson
    Semper Fi

Rule 1: Liberty is a privilege.
    Rule 2: You will always be the nastiest platoon your instructors have ever had.
    Rule 3: You will lose your privilege to have liberty.

I don't get it, what is it about "Combat training" that you don't understand? You think you'll be living in barracks? If you call a sleeping bag when its 17 degrees out and you've got frost in your boots because you were too stupid to put them inside that bag (I bet you can guess who made that mistake), barracks, then I guess you've got barracks. It used to be a camping trip but with almost every Marine deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan they revamped the schedule to fit the Corps' needs, and it sure is fun buddy.

Usually you'll have liberty the Sunday before you graduate, which if you're east coast consists of waiting in long ass lines for a haircut and chasing the girls around. (Don't.)

Last edited by Achped; 11-19-08 at 09:18 AM. Reason: When did I get so irritable?

When I went to MCT in 2002, we stayed in little huts and we had 2 squads per hut. Before I left they were making little squadbays, which I think they're using now.

But anyways, I never got any liberty while at MCT and I was there on my 19th BDAY, I was damned if I told anyone though, ha.

It might've changed as far as liberties are concerned seems like Achped got it down.

Yeah, we stayed in the squadbays. Well, actually, not "stayed". When I first got there I was still pampered from boot leave, so my first reaction was "great, we have to stay in a squadbay?" The next time I was in the squadbay, after about two weeks in the field, I practically kissed the damn floor!

You mean the nasty little huts from the civil war era are gone? That's too bad, living in one of those made it possible to appreciate just about any place you ended up later... even if we did only spend a few nights there.

Are you referring to the quonset huts that were out in the field? They're still there. We spent a night or two there. But we mostly stayed in our tents at the bivouac site.

No, I'm referring to the quonset huts that were where we stayed when we weren't in the field.

Oh, ok.... nope, they stay in squadbays now. When they're not in the field.

brian21johansen
    Guest Free Member
    The first week (approximately) there I stayed in actual barracks, and ate normal chow at the chow hall. Once we went into the field we mainly stayed inside of these huge huts that actually had racks. There was no heat or a/c unit (but even though it was freezing cold during the winter it warmed really quick with 200+ guys living in the same area). We didn't have blankets but instead slept inside of our sleeping systems. Be warned ahead of time that at least 200 other Marines have slept in the same sleeping system that you have and I'm pretty sure NOBODY cleans it. Buy some baby wipes ( A LOT OF THEM) and use them to wipe out the inside of the sleeping system. (Make sure you let it air out before rolling it up). When we went to the rifle range we had to hike out to a different area. This time we stayed in a huge "dome". Here we slept on the floor inside of our sleeping systems using only out ISO mat for a mattress. When you go to this "dome" at the range, make sure you always know where your moonbeam (flashlight ha ha) is at all times. I GUARANTEE that you will wake up in the middle of the night for something like making a head call (porta $h!TTeR$ are outside) and you will forget where you where sleeping. After the range portion is done we have another hike back to Camp Devil Dog. From what I remember, at this point we slept in those crappy @$$ little wodden huts, while the new boots slept in the big "huts" that we first stayed in when we got out to the field. I mentioned before that you should always have your flashlight (or moonbeam for those of you fresh out of bootcamp) ready at all times. Once again I GURENTEE that you will forget where you were sleeping. To get in and out of theese huts at night is murder. I GURENTEE that you will trip over at least 8 Marines in the middle of the night. Putting your clothes on is another near impossible task. Also, you need to bring your combat buddy with you wherever you go.........mine was an @sshole and would never go with me in the middle of the night so I would have to wake up other Marines until soembody would go with me. Don't be the idiot who opens the hatch and tries taking a leak right outside of the hut(we had somebody do this at maybe 0100 and a FEMALE on firewatch started screaming because she saw a snake in the middle of the night haha). Let's just say that we were up for the rest of the night playing bootcamp games haha.

MCT was the greatest time of my life. I learned a lot in bootcamp, yes. I became a MArine in bootcamp, and a different person. But, MCT taught me how to survive in combat and how to kill my enemies with all types of different weapon systems. Like my combat instructor said " Your Drill Instructors teach you to DRILL, I teach you to KILL).

If your the Marine who falls asleep in MCT classes all the time, or who dosn't listen to the combat instructors because you feel that you will never have to use this stuff because "your a cook" or "your an admin clerk"...................well then SCREW you because you are being an idiot. It is your duty to learn everything you can in MCT, your fellow Marines' lives may count on it one day.

brian21johansen
    Guest Free Member
    And to answer your question......we made one MCX call before we went out to the field. We didn't have time to buy what we wanted, only what we needed/what we were told to buy. While out in the field, we made 2 supervised liberty calls....again we only bought the bare minimum of essential items (baby wipes, razors etc.) One Sunday while at Camp Devil Dog we got liberty...........it was secured in less than 30 minutes. We were told that we were NOT allowed to go to the little 7 day store that they have out there...........well some Marines decided that this rule didn't apply to them. Also when you get back fromt he field you get a day of liberty before you graduate. This all applies for East coast Marines, I have a buddy from the West Coast who said that they got liberty every Sunday........

Quote Originally Posted by brian21johansen View Post
    If your the Marine who falls asleep in MCT classes all the time, or who dosn't listen to the combat instructors because you feel that you will never have to use this stuff because "your a cook" or "your an admin clerk"...................well then SCREW you because you are being an idiot. It is your duty to learn everything you can in MCT, your fellow Marines' lives may count on it one day.
    So true. Don't be the one to assume you'll never see combat. We don't wear our MOS on our collar for a reason...

Thread Information