Work Out Music. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118

Thread: Work Out Music.

  1. #31
    0231Marine, I think were on the same page. Those bands are awsome. I could probably go on for days about good bands. If anyone likes more of a slow, jam session band, check out Perpetual Groove.


  2. #32
    Five Finger Death Punch all the way. Motley Crue is good.


  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerate138 View Post
    Right on. I listen to a lot of heavy metal when I work out, too. It fires me the **** up and really gets my adrenaline going, I love it.

    Children of Bodom, Kalmah, In Flames, just to name a few.
    You bet it does, I love it.



    thezero- Five Finger Death Punch is good too.


  4. #34
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ft. Collins
    Posts
    40
    Credits
    10,383
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alauver View Post
    What about some real music? Music that will really pump you up?

    Try some Alesana, As I Lay Dying, Hatebreed, Black My Heart, Boy Hits Car, Boy Sets Fire, Catherine, It Dies Today, Dear Whoever, Burden of Day, Bless the Fall, As Cities Burn.

    Check em out. Also checkout crossfit.com. If you don't already know about it, get to know about it.
    Alesana is horrible, wussy ass ****. Some of the people you said are good but most of them seem like "emo" ****. Boy Hits Car? Boy Sets Fire? Haha. And Bless The Fall is nothing but emo. Tight pant wearin' homos.


  5. #35
    Honestly... there are so many freakin good bands you get bogged down.


  6. #36
    Like the DI Band all that is required is you stand on the yellow foot prints and rock-n-roll.


  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by COFields View Post
    Alesana is horrible, wussy ass ****. Some of the people you said are good but most of them seem like "emo" ****. Boy Hits Car? Boy Sets Fire? Haha. And Bless The Fall is nothing but emo. Tight pant wearin' homos.
    HA your right buddy. If you don't like Boy Hits Car or Boy Sets Fire, especially there old stuff, i can't really dig your taste in music. What you got on your play list there hard azz?


  8. #38
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Appleton
    Posts
    60
    Credits
    10,003
    Savings
    0
    Disturbed gets me pumped.


  9. #39
    Rather than music, radio talk show, books on audio whatever have you all tried solving problems or puzzles while your working out?

    Example: running an incline, legs burning lungs heaving and trying to cypher a crossword puzzle. It's good training and hard work. Not only does it take your mind off the painful reality of the moment, it helps you concentrate under pressure. I will occasionally set up chess positions in my head which can be done with about any workout activity, even lap swimming.

    Other times when hiking and hurting i'll imagine a birds eye view of the surrounding terrain and fix my position in the world. Taking in as many topo features as i can in every direction. Estimating altitudes, azimuth, distances.... it's a good mental exercise that takes extra effort, optimizing a workout.

    In the real world it often starts out agonizing combining two disciplines, as time flies you suddenly realize the last ten minutes or so have been almost pain free.

    It's not necessarily ignoring pain, thats the bi-product. I learned this technique from shoeing horses. The work itself makes one burn and ache but the technician needs to get passed that because enduring pain is not what were getting paid for. I still need to concentrate on the actual task at hand.

    --->Dave


  10. #40
    War Pigs has got to be the greatest. OZZY BABY


  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Rather than music, radio talk show, books on audio whatever have you all tried solving problems or puzzles while your working out?

    Example: running an incline, legs burning lungs heaving and trying to cypher a crossword puzzle. It's good training and hard work. Not only does it take your mind off the painful reality of the moment, it helps you concentrate under pressure. I will occasionally set up chess positions in my head which can be done with about any workout activity, even lap swimming.

    Other times when hiking and hurting i'll imagine a birds eye view of the surrounding terrain and fix my position in the world. Taking in as many topo features as i can in every direction. Estimating altitudes, azimuth, distances.... it's a good mental exercise that takes extra effort, optimizing a workout.

    In the real world it often starts out agonizing combining two disciplines, as time flies you suddenly realize the last ten minutes or so have been almost pain free.

    It's not necessarily ignoring pain, thats the bi-product. I learned this technique from shoeing horses. The work itself makes one burn and ache but the technician needs to get passed that because enduring pain is not what were getting paid for. I still need to concentrate on the actual task at hand.

    --->Dave

    You know... I never thought of that, I'll have to give that a try.


  12. #42
    Marine Free Member Sgt Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Clarksville
    Posts
    1,005
    Credits
    12,850
    Savings
    0
    Images
    8
    The only songs or music you will hear will be from your DI screaming in your ear.


  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jim View Post
    The only songs or music you will hear will be from your DI screaming in your ear.


    Awsome


  14. #44
    Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    197
    Credits
    12,371
    Savings
    0
    Here are some I listen to:

    USMC Running Cadences
    P.O.D. - Here Comes the boom
    We were born to lead
    Let the bodies hit the floor
    Lies lies lies
    Outta my way
    Saturday night's allright for fighting
    Animal I have become
    Where ever I may roam
    Do you call my name.

    Can't remember all the artists sorry.


  15. #45
    LOL-COFeilds, hope ya find stuff ya like.

    Oh and Drowning Pool is another one of my favorite bands... forgot to add it.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts