High n Tight
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: High n Tight

  1. #1

    High n Tight

    I'm home on boot leave right now and decided to get a haircut before I have to check in tomorrow. I went to this old barber and he straight-razored the sides. Motivated. Are there any good barbers around the Pendleton area that can hook me up like that?


  2. #2
    Hahahaha, boot......screaming eagle high-n-tights, you're an 03 too? Just wait until SOI and see how moto you are...you'll be going with the low-reg ASAP after SOI. But yes, there are plenty of barbers around base.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    Hahahaha, boot......screaming eagle high-n-tights, you're an 03 too? Just wait until SOI and see how moto you are...you'll be going with the low-reg ASAP after SOI. But yes, there are plenty of barbers around base.

    What does a high-n-tight have to do with being a boot? I don't believe I'm a boot and I still wear a high-n-tight!!!!

    To me, a hair cut can tell me a lot about what kind of Marine is standing in front of me. As a Company GySgt, I can't recall ever having a Marine with a high-n-tight standing in front of me prior to NJP o SM.


  4. #4
    Yeah, because no Marines ever have any motivation. Wait, I had either a high reg or high and tight for my entire enlistment.

    You can rest assured that there are good barbers near every major base. There are plenty of Marines that want to have the best possible haircuts. And the razor does keep it looking decent a little longer.


  5. #5
    Id always get a high reg or med reg. Stud Cuts in Oceanside or Studcuts in San Clemente. Chicks giving you a good haircut with shave and rubbing their tits on your neck.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    Id always get a high reg or med reg. Stud Cuts in Oceanside or Studcuts in San Clemente. Chicks giving you a good haircut with shave and rubbing their tits on your neck.
    That's where I went every week.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SupChf View Post
    What does a high-n-tight have to do with being a boot? I don't believe I'm a boot and I still wear a high-n-tight!!!!

    To me, a hair cut can tell me a lot about what kind of Marine is standing in front of me. As a Company GySgt, I can't recall ever having a Marine with a high-n-tight standing in front of me prior to NJP o SM.
    I apologize Gunny, my joke was ill-directed. I was referring to the boots walking around the mall or Wal-Mart with a screaming eagle, cammie ditty bag and day pack...you know the typical boot. Again, I apologize, definitely did not mean to step on any toes.


  8. #8
    Just wait gunny when they get me age they will be shaving the top for a low and tight


  9. #9

    razor makes it last

    Once I "went out in town" and got the extra service of the straight razor cleaning aroudn the ears, I never went to the Px again. I had very dark brown hair that grew very fast and it would give me a few more days of satisfactory appearance.
    Now my grey hairs outnumber the brown and it is not so important.
    My wife learned to do the "Marine Corps reg" now since the various barbers in towns I have lived have not been consistent. Of course my wife's work is not consistent either being higher and tighter some days than others. Depends on the temp outside, and how fast the sun is going down.

    Disclosure: hair is growing out now for the first time since our boys went to Afghanistan. The wife wants to see the curly locks one more time before they all turn grey....... Everytime I look in the mirror I feel like a girl


  10. #10
    Again, I apologize, definitely did not mean to step on any toes
    Sorry, LOL, that is a boot answer....


  11. #11
    Gunny, you should come to my unit, we NJP them no matter what kind of haircut they have!


  12. #12
    I rock the med-reg, high and tight looks weird on me. The barbers at the MCX in Parris Island are really good, and yea, those barbers actually do a good hair cut when its not a recruits head.


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    I rock the med-reg, high and tight looks weird on me. The barbers at the MCX in Parris Island are really good, and yea, those barbers actually do a good hair cut when its not a recruits head.
    Meanest horseshoes on the planet.


  14. #14
    Marine Free Member Range Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Texas
    Posts
    144
    Credits
    10,005
    Savings
    0
    Images
    2
    I wonder if Shakey Jake still works at the base barber shop at the stumps? You never knew what you would come out with....you always knew what you had ASKED for...just never knew what he would give you (or try to cut off with the razor). That man scared the crap outta me.


  15. #15
    well since im a fresh boot I guess I'll bring this thread up again. I will be getting haircut before reporting to SOI, what is a good cut to get? Im thinking 4 on top, 0 on the sides/back. Lets hope the people at supercuts can handle that.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts