Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back from boot; any questions?

PFC Wright, Jonathan G.
    MCRD PI
    3rd. RTBn.
    K. Co.
    PLT. 3101

8 days after graduation, any questions you poolees might have while it's still FRESH in my head?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations Marine! Semper Fi

How was the Crucible at the Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapablast05 View Post
    How was the Crucible at the Island?
    Hah I never want to see another MRE ever, I was backed the f**k up. The stations were challanging, but fun; it's all about teamwork though.

Congrats, Marine.

Yes, just for clarification: Did you leave the same day you graduated? If not, how long after graduation are you required to stay at PI?

Quote Originally Posted by SS-15 View Post
    Hah I never want to see another MRE ever, I was backed the f**k up. The stations were challanging, but fun; it's all about teamwork though.
    Ah, it sucks that you guys don't have The Reaper.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeHunt View Post
    Yes, just for clarification: Did you leave the same day you graduated? If not, how long after graduation are you required to stay at PI?
    Dam, kid, I answered that question for you guys this past week, what part od "your leave starts when your SDI says Platoon XXXX dismissed" didn't you understand?

You want to waste another Marines time by asking the same question? If it wasn't you, I apologize, but use the search button, I know dam well it is there!

To all you poolees, "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS" we get the same ones over and over again, and that is what the search engine is for....USE IT!

Dave

Not to be offensive...but I have no idea WHEN the DI says "Dismissed", so no that really didn't answer my question to be honest. I'm asking in order to plan something, and I asked him what day he left after graduation because I wanted a recent grads exit plan from PI so I know how it usually goes and when to expect my brother home, not to find out when I'll leave (figured they'll tell me).

The SDI says "Platoon XXXX Dismissed" when the graduation ceremony is over...maybe you'll hear those words someday

PFC Wright, Congatulations Devil Dog! Welcome to the club.....and don't worry, your MRE eating day's are FAR from over.

Justin, they will make sure you have an exit plan before you even graduate......You'll get to meet with a Travel person (Before Graduation), who basically square that away with you.

First of all congrats PFC Wright, I can't wait till the day I have earned the title of Marine. But until than I have a few questions for you; if you could go back in time before you shipped off what would be the one thing you would do to come in more physically prepared whether it would be running, lifting or any thing you wish you did more of before you went to PI. When were you told where you were gonna be stationed at after school and how does that work. And my last question would be how were squad leaders and scribes chosen in your platoon?

Quote Originally Posted by mrod32 View Post
    First of all congrats PFC Wright, I can't wait till the day I have earned the title of Marine. But until than I have a few questions for you; if you could go back in time before you shipped off what would be the one thing you would do to come in more physically prepared whether it would be running, lifting or any thing you wish you did more of before you went to PI. When were you told where you were gonna be stationed at after school and how does that work. And my last question would be how were squad leaders and scribes chosen in your platoon?
    1: I would have practiced more on running, 20:21 isn't too bad, but I could have done better if I ran more before I left.
    2: They don't go into specifics on where you go for MOS school, just when you get your orders the last week you find out for sure what your job is. That's it.
    3: As for my platoon, the SDI asked, "OK, who wants to be squad leaders... ok, how about the Scribe... right, now artist recruits..." And after that if he fired any, he'd choose another recruit who he thought would do better after getting to know the recruits' abilities.

appreciate the info
    good luck in your career

two more questions,
    how often during training were about to throw up
    or threw up because it was so tiring, and what was it like shooting the M16?

Thread Information