Gift for PI Grad...
Create Post

Gift for PI Grad...

So my brother is graduating from Parris Island on the 21st, any incidents with the Crucible notwithstanding, and I am not sure what to get him. Is there anything you Marines think would be a particularly good return home present? What's the one thing you missed the most at boot that you would want when you came back? I mean things you can buy at a store of course. Anything he might need/want for SOI? I just would like to get him something useful/something he's really been missing while still surprising him and figured you guys might have some hints.

Case of beer and a bottle of Jack or a working girl!

Quote Originally Posted by sscjoe View Post
    Case of beer and a bottle of Jack or a working girl!
    Damn, you beat me to it!

Sorry PooleeHunt but I couldn't resist. I got a Marine Corps watch with my bootcamp dates engraved on the back. Still have it 35yrs later.

Quote Originally Posted by sscjoe View Post
    Sorry PooleeHunt but I couldn't resist. I got a Marine Corps watch with my bootcamp dates engraved on the back. Still have it 35yrs later.
    That's cool and funny.
    Nobody realizes how much you'll miss your watch until you're not allowed to wear one for 13 weeks.
    That sounds like a great gift.

haha thanks. I was expecting something of the sort. The beer and alcohol are givens :-D

But as for the watch, what kind of watch are you talking about? Where did you buy it/where was it purchased for you?

Honestly, I can't remember where my father said he got it. These days try Sgt Grit, I know they carry some nice watchs(grunt.com)

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeHunt View Post
    So my brother is graduating from Parris Island on the 21st, any incidents with the Crucible notwithstanding, and I am not sure what to get him. Is there anything you Marines think would be a particularly good return home present? What's the one thing you missed the most at boot that you would want when you came back? I mean things you can buy at a store of course. Anything he might need/want for SOI? I just would like to get him something useful/something he's really been missing while still surprising him and figured you guys might have some hints.
    K-Bar is a good gift.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Ah,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    K-Bar is a good gift.
    the old standard.

A case of rubbers,and a barrel of the best beer,and a pizza....

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Just got back from my Nephew graduationg Fox 2075.

Out side the gate is 'The Corps Store', and one in Beaufort. Could get a watch there as well as lots of other stuff. They had a real sharp lamp, that just wouldn't have survived the trip back home.

Also got to shop at the Marine Corps Museum across from 'Back Yard Brgers'. The museum had a pretty good selection of challenge coins, I pick up one of the front gate, and it has room for engraving on it. That would be good with the Plt. number and date. That's what I plan to do with it.

Sempers to the new Marine.

my father bought me a light jacket with my Battalion and company on it and I couldnt be happier with it. food for thought.

I'd get him some of his favorite food...my mom brought oatmeal raisin cookies to family day, best gift I've ever received.

If they still have it "The Sounds Of Parris island" still pull out my LP 32yrs later.

a good home cooked meal prepared by mom there is nothing better than that

Thread Information