Combat Engineer MOS 1371 - Choosing MOS - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I enlisted in February, and have been considering combat engineering. I am interested in demolitions and breaching, but the staff sargent that I talked to at MEPs didn't explain much to me and I can't really find anything online. Since I don't leave until November, I was hoping someone could help me out

Quote Originally Posted by spartan1371 View Post
    when i joined in 2003, it was just one MOS, however it has changed. The best one to pick is Combat Engineer Battalion , working with the Division!! YOU DONT WANT to get stuck on an airbase practicing runway repair or building bridges, its no fun its gay, and some stupid Gunny or officer will for some reason get a kick out of watching you do it all day! However Division you train like a Marine is supposed too, explosives,land mines, survivability, Sappers course, convoy opps, Evac opps, land Nav!...the whole 9 yards! you can be a lance corporal and be the infantry captains only advisor on which routes to take and what areas are less liable to posses land mines, booby traps, and road side bombs, you will also particiate and a good bit of recon with the new JERRV "cougar" vehicle, and participate in what little ambushes take place. Then Down side is a lot of sweeping with Mine detectors, we do get killed and blown up on a constant basis, you will be working with alot of guys attached that you dont always know, and you have to be able to apply practical thinking, you cant walk up to an infantry officer and ask him how the blasting cap goes, or how many inches of detcord or time fuse you need to cut....you will be on your own!

WWWWOOOOOOOO, SERGEANT!!! You hit it spot on!! I'm in 6ESB-4MLG-BCoB (reserve) and it's bridge building all the time, and sure 'nuff, it's a gunny and a co-com hanging around all day watching us bust our humps. Did I forget to mention that motor-t watches us sweat? HAHAHA!! April's drill was the first time we didn't do a bridge in a while. Was a great weekend, except for Ft. Dix is about 20 degrees colder than anywhere else in the tri-state area and it wasn't all that warm that weekend, anyway. We've got demo range for May's drill.

LCpl. Kristian "Happyfeet" Hamilton

I enlisted this past June. I chose the -1300- field. I want Combat Engineering. I know that I can't actually pick that job, I just chose the field, but does anybody know requirements, as far as how you do in boot camp etc. to get combat engineering? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatK3693 View Post
    I enlisted this past June. I chose the -1300- field. I want Combat Engineering. I know that I can't actually pick that job, I just chose the field, but does anybody know requirements, as far as how you do in boot camp etc. to get combat engineering? Thanks
    The requirements are on the contract - the most notable being the 2nd Class Swim Qual. That's the only thing I'm worried about right now, and from what I understand, you'll find out what specific MOS you've got near the end of MCT.

Job contract confusion

Im in the DEP right now I ship September 14 for MCRDPI. I recently signed my Job contract and I want any job in the 13xx field and on my contract it had 13xx/35xx im confused on what that actually means and if I have any chance of getting into the 13xx field.

Thread Information