Black Dog Tags - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Dog Tags

I recall that the tag worn around my neck was blackened, and the chain was drawn through a length of 550 cord to help reduce any potential sound (this also prevented that chain from grabbing any neck hair or pinching any skin). My second tag was blackened and strung through a bootlace on one of my boots. I kept my issue set of tags in a small container with all the shiny new emblems, buckles etcetera, that were used for various inspections as necessary. In any uniform other that cammys, I would were the standard issue tags.

In my opinion, it would be a little foolish to have shinny tags clinking around out in the field as it would be almost guaranteed that they would reflect light or make a noise at the wrong place and or time at some point.

Semper Fi

I have a black one in my boot, and silver around my neck. Seems to make sence.

I use to wear one in my left boot and the 2 around my neck, along with my red one, that was a medical allergy tag. I don't recall them having black tags when I was in. Maybe they had them, but mine were always issued to me.

They didn’t issue black tags that I know of then. We normally spray painted, or used that black paint stuff for painting our boots eyelets black (mnew or something like that, I cant recall what it was called).

Semper Fi

Mine were black.

After the pound of electrical tape I applied to them.

If they sell it in your px then it's good to go. PX items have to be approved by the Marine Corps.

Thread Information