A Day In the Life, One Marines story. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Doug, my brother, different wars, same memories. I close my eyes, and see that torn, and bloodied Marine, because He represents every one like himself, that gave the ' Last Full Measure'. Bless you and all of them. Semper Fidelis, all who've been there, and the ones who are going now. Ken

Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    Thabks Doc.
    Gung Ho!, Sempre Fi!, and all the other good sayings, and anything else, especialy your faith, that helps dull the memories, Brother. Hold your head high. S/F! Ken

Ken,

I noticed you served with 2/5 in Korea. I was with fox 2/5 in Nam. The best regiment in the Corps! Fox company now calls themselfs the Fox Co Blackhearts.

Unlike you, I have lost all my faith. After seeing and doing some crazy stuff In Iraq I could not ever see why God would allow this stuff to happen. I have tried to regain it but just can't. I would love to one day be able to speak so highly of god and his healing abilities but till than I'll just keep on keeping on. Semper Fidelis Marine!

Cpl.Butler, Emerson USMC 0311 OIF Combat Veterean

Small World!

Ken,

I noticed you served with 2/5 in Korea. I was with fox 2/5 in Nam. The best regiment in the Corps! Fox company now calls themselfs the Fox Co Blackhearts.
    I started out in Fox Co, as assistant BARman, in the Pusan perimiter. We Jumped off, and headed north. I'll tell you about that ride, but I've got to be 'Fortified', when I do.We moved into Wonju, and took command of the hills overlooking. Second morning, the BARman I was working with, was cleaning his Bar, and yakking with me. He finished assembling the piece, and slammed a magazine into the breach. Before I realized what he was doing, He Dropped the bolt. Now, you do not drop the bolt in a BAR, unless you are trying to Kill something! He almost killed his big toe. He had the weapon lieing along his leg, aimed at his foot. He cut a little half moon, out of the edge of his boot sole. The Company Commander came running, asked the guy what happenned. The gunner told him, and two minutes later, I was the BARman. S/F! Ken

Emerson,

God did not allow the war in Iraq. Men made that war on each other. God merely alows men free will. All too often Men blame God for what Men choose to do.

Don't blame God my friend. He loves you and would never harm you. All hate comes from the hearty of men not God. Accident are just a natural occurrence like weather.

But God wishes for you to be in health and prosper even as your soul prospers. 3 John 1:2 He longs to comfort you and know you intimately. He waits patiently upon you and I to call upon him to comfort us from the consequences of our bad decisions.

I encourage you my friend to ask God throughnhis word how and why these horrors happen. It is the heart of man not God that brings on these horrors.

God bless you as you seek the truith.

Ken,

I was a Combat Engineer and fought in the battle of Hue City where Fox, Echo, Gulf and Hotel defeated 3+ divisions of NVA in just a few weeks. The very same battle was the greatest vivctory of the war. Walter Croncite stood in the street not 25 feet from me declairing the war was lost. We could not win. I could not believe my ears!

Since that day I have had very little regard for the integrity of media.

Politics

Ken,

I was a Combat Engineer and fought in the battle of Hue City where Fox, Echo, Gulf and Hotel defeated 3+ divisions of NVA in just a few weeks. The very same battle was the greatest vivctory of the war. Walter Croncite stood in the street not 25 feet from me declairing the war was lost. We could not win. I could not believe my ears!

Since that day I have had very little regard for the integrity of media.
    We were told the same thing, in Korea Brother. Our people were dieing, while the Politicians were telling our families, that there was no war going on! The Powers That Be, are were doing the same thing to you while your Brothers died all around you. I know the feeling my friend. That's why I avoid talking politics, or reading the political string. I don't handle the anger very well. I'm done with that speach. Sempre Fi! and good nite My friend. Ken

And to you my Brother.

The Rope

And to you my Brother.
    Hey, Kirk. Do you remember being called 'Pogue Rope' Marines? Our fifth and sixth Regiments, had a proud tradition. I thought that 'rope' looked pretty good, hanging from the Eppalette.(how do you spell that?) I think those other Marines were jealous, because they didn't get one. We were lucky though, we din't have to get kissed, by some Frenchman. S/F! Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    Hey, Kirk. Do you remember being called 'Pogue Rope' Marines? Our fifth and sixth Regiments, had a proud tradition. I thought that 'rope' looked pretty good, hanging from the Eppalette.(how do you spell that?) I think those other Marines were jealous, because they didn't get one. We were lucky though, we din't have to get kissed, by some Frenchman. S/F! Ken
    HAHAHAHA! I know what you mean Ken. I can't spell it either.

Thread Information