Aircrew or Infantry?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aircrew or Infantry?

I am sorry if this question sounds repetitive as I understand from searching this site many times that a lot of questions about MOS's arise. I am 17 with a ship date of 20090622, I got a 72 on the ASVAB, I have no criminal record and I am in great physical condition. All I have ever wanted to be is a Grunt in the Marines, but right now I am signed up for aircrew. People tell me I am an idiot if I go grunts and I'm to smart to go infantry and I would be wasting my time. I just want some advice to help make my decision. I have to make the decision within a week or 2 if I am to stay in aircrew or go infantry. I am extremly confused and would greatly appreciate the advice given to me. Thank you for taking the time to read this and Happy Birthday.

Credits
    Savings
    Do what you want to do. You will ultimately be the one doing the job and regrets suck. Part of growing up is making your own decisions and this is the start.

I was not air crew nor infantry so I can't answer your questions about those MOS.

Don't listen to what people tell you about intelligence and MOS placement. There are smart grunts and there are not so smart POG's. It is your decision to pursue what you want to do. Ultimately though, the Marine Corps will place you where they need you, accommodating your preferences if possible. Aircrew is a very technical job, with some good opportunities to see some action (aerial observer), but if it is a combat arms MOS you are looking for, being the tip of the spear on the front lines, then infantry is the job for you. Hope this helps you some killer.

My ASVAB score is 20 points higher then yours and i'm a grunt. My Guide before the split at ITB is a Harvard graduate, I **** you not. Wasting your time? sounds like the people advising you want what is safest for you not what is best for you. Go infantry, you can learn to work on planes when you get out of the Marine Corps.

Thank you for the advice. I was getting mixed stories and advice from many different people, now I see it just clouded my judgment in what I really want. All the recruiters are at the ball this week and told me last week to really think about it before I change, thank you for the advice again and I will be changing my MOS to infantry.

Im a Recruiter and a Grunt. All I have to say is, if I can go back in time to when I had to pick my MOS...........and do it all over again....................I will still pick UH. I love every second of it when I was in 3rd Bn 7th Mar. When we was humping the sand hills of 29 palms to freezing our balls off in the desert night all huddled in a little group smoking a newport 100 to keep warm and patrolling the dirty streets of Iraq. Loved every minute of it and I'll do all over again.

I served with Grunts who scored a 99 to a 31. Your AFQT have nothing to with how you'll be as a Marine.

I agree, I knew and know some very intelligent grunt, and some dumbazz Air Wingers. I knew some sheet hot mechanics who were not book smart but could tune an engine to run like a dream.

You have to do whats best for you, if you can get an MOS that interests you then go for it. I'm partial to the Air Wing, but thats just me.

I agree with most..its a decision you make..I was a grunt ( 0311 ) small arms..would I go back if I could and change it..NO.. I have nothing against air personal for then do what they have to do and as the grunt, we did what we had to..what chioce you make..good luck on your ride..

Thats right, a Marine is a Marine....however we all know the Air Winger Marines got all the hot chicks!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by agb123 View Post
    I am sorry if this question sounds repetitive as I understand from searching this site many times that a lot of questions about MOS's arise. I am 17 with a ship date of 20090622, I got a 72 on the ASVAB, I have no criminal record and I am in great physical condition. All I have ever wanted to be is a Grunt in the Marines, but right now I am signed up for aircrew. People tell me I am an idiot if I go grunts and I'm to smart to go infantry and I would be wasting my time. I just want some advice to help make my decision. I have to make the decision within a week or 2 if I am to stay in aircrew or go infantry. I am extremly confused and would greatly appreciate the advice given to me. Thank you for taking the time to read this and Happy Birthday.
    Grunts are the backbone of our beloved Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post

SHORT, SIMPLE, AND TO THE POINT!

Every Marine is a rifleman, however the Grunts don't move with the support of the Motor T Marine, they don't have round without the support of the Supply Marine, they don't eat without the chow hall Marine, lots more die without the Air Wing and close are support....you get my point.

The whole purpose is about the Grunt.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Swing With The Wing Baby!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Who is the brains and who is the azzhole?

hey man just remember being a grunt aint like the ****in video games, its a lot less fun when the bullets are comeing back at you.

Thread Information