My 16yr son want's to join the Marines - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ok latest update, so his bootcamp date got pushed back now like 3 times. What has now become is final date, meaning that they told me for sure the date would not be change again is now 7/26/10. Is has been a very long road for everyone involved, especially his sisters who can't wait from him to leave, LOL.

His weight needs to be at 192pds @ 5'10", he’s at 205, but not to worry I've seen this kid drop 18pds in less than 4wks. I have no doubt he'll make weight and be on his happy way.

Thanks for all the information provided and all the words of encouragement.
    E

Well, since your last post in January, I took for granted that he left for boot camp March 22nd like you posted because you didn't mention that he still has weight to lose then.
    And if he was supposed to leave March 22nd, shouldn't he have already been at his required weight then?

Credits
    Savings
    Well you would of thought that he would have lost the weight, have is boot date pushed back and kept the weight off. But nope not my kid, he love to keep thing down to the wire.

So now he's waiting for his ICT (PT test i think) and starting to drop weight. Again I know him and how he works out, he'll lose the weight.

E

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    crazy kids lol

Credits
    Savings
    Ok writing this for the second time, webpage timed out on me :/

The kid left for bootcamp 7/27/10 4am, he was ready to go (as ready as you think you can get).

His recruiter said in a couple of days he would call us, but to our surpise he called us that night. We missed his call which went to voice mail, turned out to be a blessing because we were able to play it over and over. His call was about 10sec long and it went like this: This is recruit (his name) I have arrived savely to MSRC in San Diego and my next time I will contact you will be in three weeks, I love you bye. You could hear alot of yelling in the backround, and his DI rushing him to get off the phone. At first I didn't know it was him and I had to reply it. When my wife heard it she cried and asked me why I sent him to the Marines.

So the next day his friends came over, I let them hear the vmail and talked to them for about an hour. After they left, and we went in the house, we both knew we made the right decision in sending him the the MARINES!

I think he'll survive, he made weight, lost 28pds all together and had a pd to spare.

Thanks for all the help and advice, keep you up date when hear anything.

Ee

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm glad to hear your son arrived OK. The next time you see him, he'll be under max weight by more than one-pound to spare

The adventure begins.

glad to see your son made the trip now the adventure begins
    his weight will not be a problem i agree the transformation begins when i went to boot camp i was 17 and half scared ****less he be ok they know what they are doing when myparents came out to wee me graduate they didn't recognize me even when i talked to them visitation day

Credits
    Savings
    The End....

He finally graduated, and yes I almost cried. The boy who is now a man, went from 228pds to 180pds, went from no direction to jumping and moving all at once, went from driving his parents crazy and worried to making us over joyed with his results. I really can't put into words how PROUD we are of him and how much he's changed for the better!

In a nutshell, we are truely blessed that he became a MARINE and what his furture holds.

Again thanks all for the help, and thanks to the MARINES for changing my son.

Thank you GOD for your blessing in my family and GOD bless the MARINES!!!!!!

E

Now to the Airforce for my triplet daughters..

i was 17 when i joined the Corps best thing that ever happen to me

Proud of your son, why not be proud of your daughters also and make them Marines as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias B View Post
    The End....

He finally graduated, and yes I almost cried. The boy who is now a man, went from 228pds to 180pds, went from no direction to jumping and moving all at once, went from driving his parents crazy and worried to making us over joyed with his results. I really can't put into words how PROUD we are of him and how much he's changed for the better!

In a nutshell, we are truely blessed that he became a MARINE and what his furture holds.

Again thanks all for the help, and thanks to the MARINES for changing my son.

Thank you GOD for your blessing in my family and GOD bless the MARINES!!!!!!

E

Semper FI there proud parents of a Marine...

Good ending!!!

Thread Information