My 16yr son want's to join the Marines - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    All SWORN IN! and he changed his MOS at the last minute to 0311, instead of a cook. Again not sure if that a good thing, but it's what he wanted from the begining.

March 22nd, is his bootcamp date and my freedom party, lol j/k. I actually think I'll miss the kid.

Ee

OUTstanding! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Elias B View Post
    All SWORN IN! and he changed his MOS at the last minute to 0311, instead of a cook. Again not sure if that a good thing, but it's what he wanted from the begining.

March 22nd, is his bootcamp date and my freedom party, lol j/k. I actually think I'll miss the kid.

Ee
    Good luck to your son, hes going in the day after my birthday

Tell him good luck. Now he needs to sign up on the site and start sending questions down range.

If

I would tell him to join...just make sure he gets a job he likes. Recruiters like to put Marines wherever the Marine Corps sees fit...if he joins and does not like it he will get out at age 21 and have free college...he is in a win/win situation.

Thumbs up If your 16

I'm 16 and start d.e.p tomorrow the only way you can do it when you 16 is if you graduate when you 17 you cant legally sign up till your 17 and with parent permission but they'll help you get in shape when your 16 if you graduate at 17 and go to boot camp at 17 so if your son wants to do it got to graduate early or wait

If he's 5'10" and 205, he's overweight. One more problem to tackle. Good luck though.

You do realize that the original post is almost 2 years old, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by EliasB
    11-10-08, 04:02 AM

Yes, he is 16 (5'10" 205lbs) and I know he needs to be 17 with diploma, which is what he is working on now. I'm putting him in a program to let him graduate sooner, he dislike school and want to move on with his life.

But as a dad of a 16yr. old boy (17 in 7 months), I love the idea. And know that it's what he wants to do, but should I make him wait another year? I know as of now he doesn’t want to go to college, even though he is a really good football player (LB/FB). And our neighborhood is not the greatest, and I don't want him getting a taco bell job, and hanging around.

I just want to make sure that I'm asking all the right questions and covering every corner, because once you sign, that's a rap

Ee
    Also... that the last post by EliasB was Jan 13th of this year, and that he has now gone to boot camp, and should be graduating soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias B View Post
    01-13-10, 07:39 PM

Ee

Heart was in the right place, though. And interesting scoop...albeit a headache of a run on sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Heart was in the right place, though. And interesting scoop...albeit a headache of a run on sentence.
    Yep, that was one nasty run-on sentence. However Leprechaun, please be advised that your use of the word "and" to begin one of your sentences is improper grammar as well (not that it always is). Note too that "run-on" is a hyphenated word. Sorry, just had to kick that in there on ya. Your English teacher would be ashamed of you.........................................lol. Semper Fi

LOL....So noted!

Hey, I'm not immune to the occassional grammatical screw up either!

Nor am I Leprechaun, nor am I. Just joshing with ya a little. Hell, I'm lucky I can even spell my name! You know how old Gunnys are, always gotta be correcting somebody.

Semper Fi

Ha! Have no fear, Gunny, I can take a joke. Esp. when I'm the one whose hosing something up. LOL

Credits
    Savings

Grammer/Puncuations

Yepper ! I be havin a simular problem. These youngins call me on it all the time! Lets see ? I had 9th grade english back in 1963-64. And had a T.I.A. ( minor stroke ) back in 1998, and the grammer /puncuation seems to be a side effect ? But like lepprechaun I to can take a joke. Gary / Moz 68-70 USMC

That wasn't grammatically incorrect 'Moz, I have no doubt you talk JUST LIKE YOU WRITE!!!

LOL!!!!!

Thread Information