Four Marines Confess to Torturing & Murdering Their Sergeant & His Wife
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Four Marines Confess to Torturing & Murdering Their Sergeant & His Wife

I found this site while searching for more news on this story. I also happen to be a Marine, so I registered. I tried to post in the related news thread, but I guess all news threads are locked?

I'm trying to find out if these are the real photos of the murderers, I want to make sure, because you never know what to trust on the net, and all the media sources seem to be withholding the photos even though I have read they were released to the public! So, I just want to make sure before I send them to a friend who knows the victims. I appreciate any help.

Emrys John

Tyrone Miller

Kevin Darnell Cox

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    That's them!

4 Marines Charged in Murder of Sergeant, Wife
    NBC San Diego
    Updated 4:56 PM PST, Thu, Nov 6, 2008

Court records indicate four Marines acknowledged they had roles in the robbery, sexual assault and murder of a Camp Pendleton-based Iraq veteran and his wife last month in Riverside County.

Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20, of Tennessee; Pvt. Emrys John, 18, of Maryland; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, of North Carolina; and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21, of California face murder charges in connection with the case.

The four were charged Tuesday with the execution-style slayings of Marine Sgt. Jan Pawek Pietrzak and Quiana Faye Jenkins-Pietrzak. The couple, who were originally from New York, were found gagged, tied and shot in the head on Oct. 15 in the living room of their home in Winchester. Sheriff's deputies were called after the sergeant failed to show up for work.

The couple's home was ransacked and jewelry and other items were taken. A fire was set, apparently in an effort to destroy evidence. The Camp Pendleton-based Marine sergeant and his wife were tortured before they were shot execution-style, according to a published report.

Investigators said they believe the motive was financial in nature.

Pietrzak's mother, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga, prepared herself the possibility that her son could die in Iraq, but, in her words, "to die like this, in their own home? They were good kids. They didn't deserve to die like this."

The couple married in August and had been living off-base in Winchester in a five-bedroom home they recently purchased that had been foreclosed, according to the paper.

Read the New York Daily News story "Brooklyn Marine Sergeant & Wife Tortured" story for more details.

Thank you! I've been searching this whole time and couldn't find their photos in a news source. I was starting to think the photos were a hoax.

They should burn in hell for this. They aren't Marines, they're scum of the earth. I'm being nice.

A FEW 'BAD' MEN

By CAROLYN SALAZAR and ADAM NICHOLS

November 7, 2008 --

Four Marines accused of breaking into a Brooklyn-raised Iraq veteran's California home, sexually assaulting his wife and executing the couple could face the death penalty amid speculation the mixed-race couple was targeted in a bias attack.

All four confessed to a role in the brutal torture and killing of Sgt. Jan Pietrzak, 24, and his bride, Quianna Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, according to court records.

The Marines were stationed at the same military base as Pietrzak. Two of them were under his authority in the same unit.

Cops believe they targeted Pietrzak for "financial gain," but the soldier's mom, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga, said from her Bensonhurst home yesterday, "I don't believe that.

"I don't know what happened. All I know is I lost my son, and I don't think that happened because of a robbery.

"Everything I hear, I hear from the newspapers. I want to know the truth."

A family friend, who asked not to be named, said Pietrzak-Varga had mentioned racial bias could have been a motive. Pietrzak, who was white, was married to a black woman. All the accused killers are black.

"She was such a beautiful woman," said the friend. "The family is certainly wondering if there were some jealousy issues."

Cops charged Lance Cpl. Emrys John, 18, Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, Private Kevin Cox, 20, and Lance Cpl. Kesuan Sykes, 21, with murder and rape with an instrument.

John and Miller worked under Pietrzak, who was a helicopter mechanic.

Miller told cops he forced his way into the home in Winchester, between LA and San Diego, by pointing a shotgun at Pietrzak, according to an affidavit filed by a sheriff's investigator.

The four, who Miller said had planned to rob the couple, tied them up and talked about killing them.

All four said the wife was sexually assaulted, although none claimed responsibility for the attack, the affidavit said.

They then shot Pietrzak and his wife in the head and started a fire in an effort to destroy evidence, cops said. Police found their bodies last month after being asked to check on the Marine when he failed to report for work.

The alleged killers were charged on Wednesday.

Court documents said shoes found at the barracks where Cox and John live matched prints left at the crime scene. Property taken from the Pietrzak house was recovered at Sykes' home.

Pietrzak's mom said her son was born in Poland. The family moved to New York when he was 11.

Always obsessed with the military, he joined up, she said, shortly after 9/11.

"He said, 'Mom, we live in this country. We have to be patriotic. We have to give back,' " she recalled.

He met his wife at a party three years ago, and they got married just two months ago.

"They hadn't even got their wedding pictures back yet," his mom said, weeping.

Ellie

Confession in torture, slay of Brooklyn-raised Marine sergeant and wife

BY NANCY DILLON IN MURRIETA, CALIF., AND CORKY SIEMASZKO IN NEW YORK
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Friday, November 7th 2008, 1:31 AM

They did it for the money.

The four Marines charged with murdering their Brooklyn-raised sergeant and his bride confessed they were looking for an easy score when they burst into the couple's California home with guns drawn, court papers revealed Thursday.

Three of them ratted out Pvt. Emrys John as the triggerman who ended the torture of Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak and his wife, Quiana, by shooting them in the back of their heads.

All of the suspects say that Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak was sexually assaulted, but each says it was the other three who did it, the papers say.

Shackled and dressed in prison orange, the Marines avoided looking at each other during their court appearance Thursday. They did not enter pleas.

"John is the shooter," Riverside County prosecutor Daniel Delimon said. He said all four are "eligible for the most severe punishment."
    EARLIER: BROOKLYN MARINE & WIFE TORTURED AND SLAIN

John's site on MySpace offered a window into the sick mind of the 18-year-old private from Baltimore.

"Chillin waitin 4 da killin," was the caption under a photo he posted before the newlyweds were executed on Oct. 15.

Elsewhere on the site, John - an admitted collector of knives and swords - wrote that "shooting s---" and "blowin s--- up" was a great "stress reliever."

Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, of North Carolina, told cops he threatened Pietrzak with a shotgun to get into the house. He said he bound and gagged the couple and then debated with John whether to kill them.

On his MySpace page, Miller referred to himself as a "Cripgeneral." Investigators are now checking whether he had ties to the violent Crips street gang.

Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21, of California, is nicknamed "Psycho" and admitted that he "cut" off Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak's clothes, the court papers state.

The fourth Marine was identified as Pvt. Kevin Cox, 20, of Tennessee.

John and Miller worked for Pietrzak, who was a helicopter airframe mechanic at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego. Sykes lives near the base. The other Marines lived at Camp Pendleton.

Detectives found stolen items like Pietrzak's digital camera and his wife's engagement ring in the barracks, sources said.

Pietrzak, 24, was born in Poland, raised in Bensonhurst, and joined the Marines in 2003. Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, was black and from the San Diego area. They met at a party before Pietrzak was deployed to Iraq in July 2005.

"When he came back, she was there," his mother, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga said. "I accepted her like my daughter and her family accepted him like their son."

The grieving mother insisted again that robbery could not possibly be the motive. "I can't believe it's about money," she said.

ndillon@nydailynews.com

With Kerry Burke and Veronika Belenkaya

more info
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73263

Ellie

I hope they fry their a...s. they tarnished the name of the Corps. I hope people don't compared the Marine Corps to the actions of these knuckleheads like people has done in the past. They need to do the samething to them as they did to their victims.

Verification

The picture of Emrys John is correct. I knew him as a young teenager, I never saw this coming...
    Quote Originally Posted by sempiternal View Post
    I found this site while searching for more news on this story. I also happen to be a Marine, so I registered. I tried to post in the related news thread, but I guess all news threads are locked?

I'm trying to find out if these are the real photos of the murderers, I want to make sure, because you never know what to trust on the net, and all the media sources seem to be withholding the photos even though I have read they were released to the public! So, I just want to make sure before I send them to a friend who knows the victims. I appreciate any help.

Emrys John

Tyrone Miller

Kevin Darnell Cox

Won't hear me referring to them as Marines any longer!! They should be tortured in the same way their victims were.....

I wonder how many waivers, moral or otherwise these punks had to get in. Recruiters have a tough job and can't screen everything, but I'm interested to hear more details about their backgrounds. Absolute punks, I bet we'll find out that the Sgt. rode their azzes because they were bags, and they turn around and do this.

Normal people from "normal" backgrounds do crazy shiat everyday, but this seems more gang related. The Corps has to keep an eye on gangs.

What a sad story, and a s h i t t y way for a good Marine to die. RIP - Semper Fi Marine

They Need To Do The Same Thing To This ****bags As They Do To The Sgt And His Wife..

A Eye For A Eye.

If this story is true, and it probably is, may these four 'sub-humans' spend their remaining days rotting in a damp, stinky jail cell with a minimal amount of bread & water, and nothing else.

I think being bayonet dummies is to good for them

I am ashamed to go back to the line where these Marines worked.. I know what squadron but I'm not going to say on here. It really makes me wonder, I mean what could have possessed these Marines, ****bags to do that! To think, I could have seen them at the chow hall, the PX..

Thread Information