Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Update.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Cool Big Update.

Hello Marines and POOLee's!

Well I just wanted to give you all a big update on my current situation. For those who do not remember me, I am in the Army DEP and was going to switch over to the Marine Corps DEP because I was unhappy with my MOS. Well yesterday, after 4 months of waiting, I was finially able to switch my MOS. As of yesterday, I am going to Fort Benning, Georgia as an 11X Infantry Recruit with a possibility of Airborne School. I ship out November 12, 2008. Although it looks like I will not be in the Marine Corps family, I would still like to thank each of you who have helped me through these hard times, and call you all my brothers and sisters.

Goodluck to everybody

Respectfully.
    Alex1990

P.S. I will still drop in from time to time to say hello

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good luck to you Alex Im just as proud of you as a patriot. You and your peers here at Poolee Hall motivate me and inspire me daily.

Jim

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Good to go Alex, do what's best for you and your life. Train hard, Never Quit, be a leader down there in 'Gawgia!

Good luck on your journey, make the best of it!

Credits
    Savings
    Look on the bright side, now I never have to come face to face with a Drill Instructor. Unless I decide to switch after my enlistment is up!

`Alex

Credits
    Savings
    Don't ship until you get airborne in your contract..they will give it to you!, but I would strongly advise you to go Marine Corps. Why do you want to go Army? They are no where as near organized or respected as the Marines..just my 2 cents

*cough* pussy *cough* No I'm just messing with you man. Good luck on all levels. Stay sharp and motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1990 View Post
    Hello Marines and POOLee's!

Well I just wanted to give you all a big update on my current situation. For those who do not remember me, I am in the Army DEP and was going to switch over to the Marine Corps DEP because I was unhappy with my MOS. Well yesterday, after 4 months of waiting, I was finially able to switch my MOS. As of yesterday, I am going to Fort Benning, Georgia as an 11X Infantry Recruit with a possibility of Airborne School. I ship out November 12, 2008. Although it looks like I will not be in the Marine Corps family, I would still like to thank each of you who have helped me through these hard times, and call you all my brothers and sisters.

Goodluck to everybody

Respectfully.
    Alex1990

P.S. I will still drop in from time to time to say hello
    Ahh you took the easy way out,lol, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty1 View Post
    but I would strongly advise you to go Marine Corps. Why do you want to go Army? They are no where as near organized or respected as the Marines..just my 2 cents
    The reason: If you have to think twice about going into the Corps, you don't belong. He'll be good for the Army.

polizei...no disrespect to you but you and as I civis really dont have the ground to stand on to say someone is/isnt good enough.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    The reason: If you have to think twice about going into the Corps, you don't belong. He'll be good for the Army.
    He's still a Patriot. Serving in a time of War is something to be admired no matter what path he chooses.

Good luck!We all wish you the best of luck.I am proud of you and would be happy to call you Brother once you completed your Army Basic training.

Where do you get off putting down another branch of our Military?As a civilian who never served you have no right to do that.There are soldiers dying in Iraq and Afghanistan while you are sitting in your home nice and safe.While you were making that ridiculous post,there were Soldiers,Sailors and Airmen in harmsway.
    I believe you them all an apology and a Thank You for there service in protecting your nasty civilian a$$!

I wasn't putting down the Army, sir. I was stating that he would be good for the Army. I have a family friend and highschool friends that are in the Army, as well as others. My other friend is in the Navy, another in the Air Force. My uncles were in the Army and my grandfather was a Marine. I think you took my post (maybe it was how I worded it) the wrong way, but that was in no way my intention. My family friend is serving in Iraq right now, and has been for several months. His convoy got hit with an IED. Believe me Ssgt. I have full respect for the military and everyone in it. I'm the person that gets mad at others for disrespecting the military around me (in person). I've met and talked to many Marines and servicemen, and enjoy each of their stories.

Yellowwing is correct, it is patriotic. I was just trying to be patriotic to him, I think every branch is honorable, as well as other militarys around the world. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way, my apologies.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yellowwing is correct, it is patriotic. I was just trying to be patriotic to him, I think every branch is honorable, as well as other militarys around the world. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way, my apologies.
    During my years wearing the Army Uniform I noticed that the soldiers had some of the same pride as we do in that service. During this time of the "all Volunteer service" I am proud to know many, many soldiers!

The standards for the Army is not the same as the Corps, nor is the other branches! If it were the same as ours then there would only be Marines, but we are all important to the mission accomplishment of this war. God Bless them all and Thank them for thier service in keeping us safe!

Apology accepted, just consider what you type before you press submit from now on.

Semper Fi,

Dave

Thread Information