Another Female Hair Reg. Question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Female Hair Reg. Question

I'm cutting my hair before boot camp because I know I'm not going to have time to deal with it, but after reading the grooming standards, I'm still slightly confused. Would something like this be within regs, noting how the hair falls below the top of the ear, and without the highlights?

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/jzfs720/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/jzfs720/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

Attached Images Attached Images

Yes something like that would be acceptable. Highlights and dyed hair are not recommend but it is not against the regs either. As long as it is feminine in appearance you will be fine.

I always thought it strange that some females were allowed to color their hair and others were told that the color they chose wasn't appropriate, even though there seemed to be little if any difference in their choices.

I'm glad that the hair regulations for males is pretty simple to understand. I'd hate to have to figure all of that out for myself. I'm also glad that the women in my platoon never did anything to make us wonder if their hair was OK or not.

Last I knew the regs on dying your hair stated it has to complement your skin tone. I had issues with that will I was in. Also had cornrows for a while and let me tell you what that caused a great commotion for quite some time.

I guess I'll go for something like this then. Thank y'all.

Just get a high and tight,just joking,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Just get a high and tight,just joking,lol.
    lol. Aye Sgt. Duly noted

Credits
    Savings
    Does anyone know if she can get haircuts while at Parris Island?

I think the hairstyle is fine, however, it will grow during the 3 months at PI and could potentially touch her collar making it non-regulation.

There is a little salon there within 4th Bn. The females that had short hair when i was there would get sent when it started to look funny. The only time you would go though is on Sunday. Whatever you do, don't get your hair dyed there. The DI's had some of the girls with hilites get their hair dyed a plain color and i swear purple-ish brown is not normal!

wow...I definitely wouldn't want to deal with getting bloused for a crazy dye job on top of everything else. Thanks for the tip Cpl. Tegan, and I didn't even think to ask about upkeep...I didn't know there was a hair salon within 4th Bn. Thanks Sgt. Ecom for bringing that question up.

Quote Originally Posted by dmellow45 View Post
    hmmm
    Did you have anything to add Cpl.? I appreciate all advice.

Don't plan on having it styled all crazy like it is in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by THAT AINT IT View Post
    Don't plan on having it styled all crazy like it is in the picture.
    Duly noted LCpl. I'm not going to have it dyed or anything, but would it be inappropriate to have it styled like that, sans dye, in uniform once out of boot? Or would it be deemed eccentric?

Credits
    Savings
    In uniform, it may not be a good idea gelling it so that the top part spikes upwards because your cover would likely flatten it. Then again in boot camp you probably won't have gel and it'll probably be the last thing on your mind.

Thread Information