Sad - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well, I've taken all of your advice and did the womanly thing....

Went to the Marine store and ordered my "Marine Mom" t-shirts, hats, and of course, the required giant beer mug!!!

Can't wait for them to arrive. In the meantime, I've already started my letter writing and am just waiting for the postcard with Richard's mailing address. Hey, when the going gets tough, there's gotta be more stuff I can buy!

Thanks to all, gofigyer

Quote Originally Posted by gofigyer View Post
    Well, I've taken all of your advice and did the womanly thing....

Went to the Marine store and ordered my "Marine Mom" t-shirts, hats, and of course, the required giant beer mug!!!

Can't wait for them to arrive. In the meantime, I've already started my letter writing and am just waiting for the postcard with Richard's mailing address. Hey, when the going gets tough, there's gotta be more stuff I can buy!

Thanks to all, gofigyer
    That is really funny...It is really really hard to find things Marine Mom with a 2 on them...My son just sent me a huge box of moto gear for my birthday from Lejeune. Really nice stuff...he always asks me if I am wearing my motard gear :o) Welcome to the best shopping ever! Did you go to Sgt Grit? Cafe Press has tons of lovely Mom stuff too! Happy shopping!

Credits
    Savings
    Oh-mi-Gosh. I bet it IS hard to find stuff for Marine Mom times two. Maybe you should design your own line. HAHAH. I ordered from eMarine PX and thought they had a good selection...altho' pink really isn't my color, I can fake it with my mom ballcap. My guess is that I'll be wearin' it all - while making good use of the beer mug!

It's doubly hard as I'm packing up my entire life here in Denver and moving to Ft. Myers Florida in 4 days. I waited to move until Richard deployed and then am hitting to road. I've been building a hurricane-proof 'round' house there and it's finally almost done, so I'm excited but moving sucs along with everything else. If Richard ends up at training school on the east coast, I'm all set. :-)

Moving is no fun at all. Your house sounds really cool...I have never seen a round hurricane proof house...must google that now. Good luck with your move. I will need to think on your clothing line suggestion :o)

Credits
    Savings
    Well, sort of round, in a stop sign kind of way. Go see them at www.deltechomes.com. They're really 8x8' flat panel walls, but it creates a pretty unique design which the wind goes around. There aren't any weight-bearing walls inside, and you can design the inside of your home like I did, or use one of their designs. It's been a very interesting process.

You know, there just might be a market for a clothing line. Hmmmm. Donate 10% of sales to a Marine org??? That'd keep some of us moms busy, eh?

Credits
    Savings
    I grew up in Cape Coral across the river from Ft. Myers. I think you'll like it. Winters can be conjested due to the "Snow Birds" but it is nice.

I wish you and your Marine ALL the Best.

Credits
    Savings
    Hey Gator, I'm ready. Been visiting there for 7 years and trying to build this house for 3. I bet the Cape looked much different when you were growing up. It's really busy over there now. Funny how folks down there each consider the other side of the river "outsiders". I get a big kick out of that. But I LOVE the slower pace even tho' it takes a while to get used too after living in a city that goes, goes, goes. Will keep you all posted. Haven't seen my house since it was anything but framed out walls. Should be interesting.

Those houses look amazing! Thanks for sharing the link. I hope you post pics when you get all moved in..or at least e-mail me some. My best to you and your son...hope your move goes smoothly.

Thread Information