Recruit dad here - Page 13
Create Post
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    We did fill out a travel claim at our first duty station (just a few miles from SOI(W)) but I have no idea if they ever reimbursed us
    Well, the ticket is bought for early early flight out. Recruiter says full reimburse. So, that's how we go. Been great having him around. He has definitely made the most of his ten days!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So exciting. Thanks for posting some photos, dono, it's always great to see new Marines. Thank you for raising a Marine and thanks to him for his service.

He has arrived at Lejeune for SOI. I actually received a text message on the cell. He said that they could keep their phones through the first night. He had a good boot leave (except for buying that damned motorcycle

LOL, and "Buy" they will, dono. Tell him to keep his gear locked up AT ALL TIMES.

Glad to hear the next stage is happening.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I second that bill KEEP GEAR LOCKED UP AT ALL TIMES!

i was told by my son there is only one theif in the Marines the rest are just trying to get there chit back!

10-4, DP - My son had his Zune-thingy 'removed.' And so did several other Marines, during SOI. F'-in low-life's continue to prevail.

That's a discouragement - thievery in the Corps. I passed on the caution to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    That's a discouragement - thievery in the Corps. I passed on the caution to him.
    It just don't happen in the Corps, that lesson was taught in boot camp to keep things locked up at all times and the same goes when you get to the fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    It just don't happen in the Corps,
    I know it, Boss. It still makes me sick to think about it. They caught a thief who helped himself when helping in supply during Team Week and he went away from the platoon.

Sometimes, I think those cultures that cut off thieves' hands have it about right.

No word from the Marine at all since he texted me from Lejeune on 1/27. It's different from when he was at P.I. I was wondering all the time how he was doing and what was happening. Now, I just know he's in good hands and meeting new challenges and opportunities every day.

Credits
    Savings
    They are pretty busy at soi but you should hear from him soon.

It's kind of funny but in Boot you knew what they were doing every day. But now you'll have to rely on hearing from him. Depending on what they're doing or where they are at usually will determine that. Sometimes you might get a heads up that he will be out of touch.

Because of security he may not be able to be specific. That's when you hit the prayer rug or the bottle.

Oh..., Definately the bottle, lad!

I prefer Jim Beam. Others...., Gatorade, Dr. Pepper, or, even...., bottled water.

To each, their own....

Alas....

The thing is... for us fathers.... it is difficult, just as difficult as our wives, for us not to hear from our new-born Marines after they get to SOI, and then on to PDS (Permenent Duty Station).

That's when the (apron) string breaks.

Our sons have a paycheck, new-found best friends, and the wide-open world waiting for them.

Who are we, as parents, to expect a phone call, or e-mail, or letter? (BIG sarcasm here, lol.)

Set them free.

They will return.

(Briefly.)

i.e. Hang in there....

Credits
    Savings
    And when they return rest assured they will be HUNGRY!LOL

Received a phone call on Sunday evening. H told me he didn't need any letters now. He's already counting down to graduation there then on to job school. His school is 57 training days and there may be some time elapse before it begins.

They did get to watch the Super Bowl. He did mention being out in the field and all MRE's and so forth. Sounding good.

Thread Information