Recruit dad here - Page 20
Create Post
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Livin' the dream is right. And he's a sharp dealer. Instead of a '16, he got the '15 with 3000 miles that a guy with more money than brains bought and traded back in.

Saved some serious $$.

He's already put an after market exhaust on it. He and his buddy installed it in the base shop.

He used to read this board. I can't remember if I ever told him about this thread. Nor sure how he would feel about it.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He would have to be careful posting being Active Duty ( OPSEC ). It's your thread so in my opinion I would just keep it as status quo and write a letter and store it away for him years later with a link to this thread. That's what I did for my 2 year old grandson last year so he could read forever about his " Papa " and the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    livin' the dream is right. And he's a sharp dealer. Instead of a '16, he got the '15 with 3000 miles that a guy with more money than brains bought and traded back in.

Saved some serious $$.

He's already put an after market exhaust on it. He and his buddy installed it in the base shop.

He used to read this board. I can't remember if i ever told him about this thread. Nor sure how he would feel about it.
    hua

Solo in T-6 completed today. He's supposed to get a cross country pretty soon and may be flying into our local airport. Though I have seen videos, it's almost like I need to see him with my own eyes to make all this real to me.

Next phase is to get instrument rated; then formations, weapons and tactical, then boat qual.

Dono,

NATOPS is The Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization (NATOPS) program prescribes general flight and operating instructions and procedures applicable to the operation of all U.S. naval aircraft and related activities..

There is absolutely nothing classified with training and flight operations unless it is directly related to Combat Operations..

Anytime students have to do cross country hops and such it's posted to all pilots both Military and Commercial so that they know what to expect in any given airspace area of operations..

They call 'em Flight Plans...

Congrat's and good to go...!!!

FO...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Solo in T-6 completed today. He's supposed to get a cross country pretty soon and may be flying into our local airport. Though I have seen videos, it's almost like I need to see him with my own eyes to make all this real to me.

Next phase is to get instrument rated; then formations, weapons and tactical, then boat qual.

Outstanding. keep us posted.

Completed weps det (dropping "bombs" at El Centro. Just under two weeks - a flight a day. They swapped out instructors between VT-7 and 9. Ben said that after his final "safe to solo" he got some praise from his instructor. That is rare and he said, it's not just him. It's, at best, "good enough...get this or that tightened up."

He is feeling very good about this phase. They get a lot to master in a short time. He has been introduced to the concept of "task saturation" and what bit him early on, he got squared away. He's back at Meridian for nxet phase - nighr formation. .

Excellent...!!!

Flying the T-45

Pic Screwed up the orientation and cannot see how to delete. Sorry.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	weps form.jpg‎
Views:	154
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	30992  

Ben is in final part of Intermediate- hitting the box to land on the boat. They lost a plane at Meridian last week. Student and Instructor ejected safely. Winging should be in March. Still does not have his platform. Said he will request F-18.

He bought himself gym equipment - laid out some bucks but said the Corps will have paid for it after a couple more moves,

Sounds like he's moving along nicely....

Winging ceremony is tomorrow at Meridian NAS. Due to health issues, his mother and I cannot be there, but a good number of family will be. I would invite anyone who has followed his journey and can get there, to do so and introduce yourself to Lt Ben Wiley.

He has been selected for Harriers and will train at Cherry Point. Was not his first choice. He wanted Hornets and West Coast. But, he's OK with it. He tells me that Harrier pilots score higher in Intermediate training, as it is a more challenging plane to fly.

He does not report until August. He may get some additional training (survival) between now and then.

He had a great CQ at the USS Eisenhower. Trapped on every landing. No bolters or wave offs. Said he was surprised by how"not nervous" he was.

He had a great CQ at the USS Eisenhower. Trapped on every landing. No bolters or wave offs. Said he was surprised by how"not nervous" he was.
    Training, training, training,, when it takes over, it is awesome, my congrats to him, any word on when he will make the switch to the F-35..?

No word, though what I read is that 2025 is the retirement date. His Air Contract runs to 2023.

Thread Information