Recruit dad here - Page 22
Create Post
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Ben has had a session with his CO and the bottom line is that he wants to stay in and the Corps want to retain him. He was told his probable course for the future and it is what he was looking for. He has a couple more Marines reporting to him for his logistics and network duties. The portion of the squadron not deployed MEU went to Alpeena, MI for some weapons training and got some good hours. Just got a new office with a window. They got a pup, a Great Dane and it's up to 50 pounds in I think three months. I won't tell ALL I know, but will say he is building a very solid foundation for his life and taking full advantage of what the Marine Corps has made possible for him to achieve.

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hope your son enjoyed Alpena. I've been there a number of times with the Michigan Air Guard (who runs the base). I'm sure there have been infrastructure improvements done since the last time I was there (1991).

as Zulu said, and I will add, Welcome to Michigan... hope they liked it here..

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    as Zulu said, and I will add, Welcome to Michigan... hope they liked it here..
    He said the training was good, but they were confined to base, which makes for long evenings. He was hppy to get some more qualification fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    He said the training was good, but they were confined to base, which makes for long evenings. He was hppy to get some more qualification fulfilled.
    that's to bad being confined to base, wonder why that was...

Thread Information