Question about personal payments(car) while at bootcamp
Create Post

Question about personal payments(car) while at bootcamp

Hello marines, my question is this, I ship Sunday. What did everyone do about payments they had in personal life while at bootcamp? Such as your vehicle and insurance, ect. My phone Ill just cancel, and the other minor things.

But I was mainly concerned about the auto loan I have, I was told by my recruiter there is a paper he can give me which I can take to my auto loan holder and they have to hold my payments until I get out of bootcamp?

Anyone know if thats true, I asked today when at the Credit Union and was told they have never heard of it.

Im trying to get all this figured out before leaving Sunday, I know its poor preparation on my part, but I did only have 3 days notice that I was shipping so Im doing my best.

You know the Credit Union you bank at should know what is right, Good Luck on earning OUR TITLE.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    You know the Credit Union you bank at should know what is right, Good Luck on earning OUR TITLE.
    Thanks, thats the plan.

Give the money to somebody you trust, and let them make the payments for you.

Do you trust me?

Talking lol

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Give the money to somebody you trust, and let them make the payments for you.

Do you trust me?
    ROFL!! know thats funny, I wonder if he trusts me to. I promise I will use the money on a car payment

Ask your recruiter about SCRA the service member civil relief act

You can send money home at boot camp to pay your bills too. We had a few guys that needed to send home money to their families for certain things such as apartment rent and whatnot. Your DIs will probably bring up the matter within a first few weeks and then you have to fill out a form with how much you need to send home and why you're sending it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You're on the payroll the day you hit bootcamp and should be able to set up an allotment for your car payment. Otherwise you can set up a savings allotment and give a power of attorney to someone to withdraw the money and make the payments. That is a pretty bleak idea to graduate boot broke. Hitch hike to lejuene or pendleton and sleep in a box and eat bugs till your leave is over. At least you'll still have your car.

Credits
    Savings
    If you can afford to do so, pay the next 3 or 4 months now. That way the next payment won't be due for 3 or 4 months.

You can get a letter from your recruiter that you can submit to your creditors which will effectively put all your trash on hold. If they haven't heard about it then present them with the letter and tell them to look up the SCRA like re8elmonk said.

I had 18 hours notice and had to get my trash set up in less time than that. It's doable; otherwise give someone power of attorney.

If you're on short notice than that tells me that either a slot opened up or you were waiting for a waiver. Ask for a ship date delay at your own risk.

I hope he figured it out since he left yesterday, good luck...

Make sure your paper work is all set up before you ship. I came home to a crapload of bill because my recruiter told me he would take care of it.

I also had a few buddys who had there cars repod while they where there.

Thread Information