dress blues bravos
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

dress blues bravos

ok so i have been a Marine for ever a year now, and i have read the pubs and orders on Marine corps dress uniforms over and over, but i have a question thats bugging me. in the dress blue bravo's do i have to wear a marksmanship badge with my ribbons, or can i just wear the ribbons? if anyone can tell me this, or even send me a link or the order with the information i would be grateful. thanks. semper fidelis.

p.s. if you want to email it to me i would appreciate it as well.
    my email is justin.t.frye@usmc.mil

Last edited by thedrifter; 10-29-08 at 08:49 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Look up MCO P 1020.34 E
    The dress blue "B" uniform will be worn with ribbons and badges. Yes you have to wear your pizza box to the ball. If you wear medals then you do not wear badges.

That creates a question that I don't the answer. Can you wear medals on the service alphas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Look up MCO P 1020.34 E
    The dress blue "B" uniform will be worn with ribbons and badges. Yes you have to wear your pizza box to the ball. If you wear medals then you do not wear badges.

That creates a question that I don't the answer. Can you wear medals on the service alphas?
    Ok,
    Did some research, to further procrastinate writing of a college paper .
    1. The current MCO on uniform wear Is MCO P1020.34 G, E was canceled on 27 Jan 1995.

2. According to MCO P1020.34G your badges are optional but at the commands discretion( Meaning you will wear them more than likely)

3. Medals are NOT authorized for the service alphas
    Hope this Helps
    S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Correct, the shooting badges are optional on your Service A and Dress B uniforms. If I didn't have to wear the badges, I did not wear them strictly because I was lazy about putting them on.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    thanks guys for the help, its not that im lazy about putting the shooting badges on, because civilians dont know the difference between the different badges, they just like the shiny **** on the uniforms. but like when im on leave i dont feel like wearing my shooting badges on my blues bravo's because i like how it looks with ribbons only. and yes i take my uniforms home with me everytime, because you never know when you are suprisingly asked to go to a wedding and i like to show off my uniforms because i know that civilians are like wtf? hes gotta be someone important.

there was an article in the marine corps times a couple months back about wearing the badges alot of people don't like to because of lazyness but i prefer to show off the multiple award expert. your command should give the guidance on wearing of the badges so everyone is uniform, if they don't, ask. thats a common question!!!

gloves

also glove are required for the bravos and optional for the alphas

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Are the shooting badges mandatory in the rest of the uniforms? Because when I showed up to RA wearing my shooting badge on my dress blue deltas, one of the recruiters told me to take it off...

Anyone?

not on the deltas. deltas you only wear your ribbons. charlies you would wear yur shooting badges. only ones that you have to wear your badges are dress bravos and charlies, and alphas. you can wear them on your regular charlies as well, but at your units discretion. hope this helps. next time go to your closest px and pick up the uniform guidelines book. it will be near the area wear ribbons ect are. it only costs like $10 and it comes with a ruler.

Thread Information